PDA

View Full Version : Proof that you just can't keep a good thing down!

salty
18-03-2005, 18:26
When Portent died, this little gem (which you probably all saw at some point) appeared:

http://groups.msn.com/PortentLiferaft/

and this one too:

http://portent.proboards31.com/index.cgi

Proof if any was ever needed that you just can't keep a great thing down!
God/Emperor Bless Portent!

Salty :)

MadMarchhare2k2
18-03-2005, 18:40
Or is it proof that we portenters are a pathetic bunch with no other life... I think it is the former personally

Gen.Steiner
18-03-2005, 18:45
It's so good to be back! I missed Portent so much :( now I feel complete again! :)

Wait

That says something about my social life, doesn't it? :p

Great Harlequin
18-03-2005, 18:57
That says something about my social life, doesn't it? :p
I think you'll find most people here would agree with you!
Who cares for social life? Portent is where it's at :p

salty
18-03-2005, 19:06
Don't worry Gen. (*pats him on shoulder*)

We all contemplated coimmitting suicide whilst looking at the butter knife :D

But its greats to be back, I couldn't believe that Portent was gone! I thought it was invulnerable!

Venomizer
18-03-2005, 20:21
it's nice to be back

it was kind of a kick in the teeth when I got my net connection back up and running at found that portent had gone

salty
18-03-2005, 20:26
Even though people kept begging for more Guilders, I never in all honesty thought that Portent would die on us :(
It would seem that my becoming a Guilder was too little too late.

Gen.Steiner
18-03-2005, 21:04
I am truly amongst fellows! :D

Where do we sign up to be Guilders? Portent will not die a second time!

Captain Brown
18-03-2005, 22:23
Well I associate these sites with our own versions of the Craftworlds, we fled from the desolation that Portent had become with the loss of the database.

We found refuge (and a place to post) in Dakka Dakka, thewarp, 40konline, the liferaft, proboards and others. All the while desperately listening (well reading actually) for any news that our favorite web forum had returned.

Now we are back...

Norminator
18-03-2005, 22:33
I have to admit I really felt it was the end of an era when portent died. But luckily, its back!! Many thanks to all involved in saving the beloved portent.

DantesInferno
18-03-2005, 22:39
Well I associate these sites with our own versions of the Craftworlds, we fled from the desolation that Portent had become with the loss of the database.

We found refuge (and a place to post) in Dakka Dakka, thewarp, 40konline, the liferaft, proboards and others. All the while desperately listening (well reading actually) for any news that our favorite web forum had returned.

Now we are back...

So if we are back on our original homeworlds, does that make us the Croneworld Chaos-worshipping Eldar? Or the Dark Eldar, continuing their lives of pre-Fall debauchery?

We would only be Craftworlders if we stayed in exile, adapting to the new life of frugality and strict control.

Captain Brown
18-03-2005, 22:48
So if we are back on our original homeworlds, does that make us the Croneworld Chaos-worshipping Eldar? Or the Dark Eldar, continuing their lives of pre-Fall debauchery?

We would only be Craftworlders if we stayed in exile, adapting to the new life of frugality and strict control.

DantesInferno,

You can be whatever you want. :)

I am interested in the pre-Fall debauchery though... :eek:

Inquisitor Your Mom
18-03-2005, 23:24
mmmm....debauchery. Good to be back.

Let the cheese complaints fly!

Brimstone
18-03-2005, 23:31
Please note Portent is not back but risen from the slab.

If you want it to survive then we need your support and your when details are given please give as much as you can to help Portent continue and grow.

Sgt John Keel
18-03-2005, 23:36
Please note Portent is not back but risen from the slab.

If you want it to survive then we need your support and your when details are given please give as much as you can to help Portent continue and grow.

In short: This is the Portent zombie. No, no kevan.org links.

Get that paypal account up soon!

/Adrian

Reabe
20-03-2005, 01:09
Shall I be the first to start the song?

"We get knocked down
But we get up again
You're never going to keep us down-"

*Gets knocked out by a Moderator*

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 01:28
to norminator

it felt like the internet died or something

twisted_mentat
20-03-2005, 05:04
Oh i was so sad when i found that portent had died.

Lets hope this is a Dawn of the Dead ZOmbie, slow, and purposful, but lasts longer than you think, than a 28 days later Zombie which burns itself out.

I cannot find by blood avatar though....maybe i'll finaly make that Amy Acker One...

SpectreLegacy
20-03-2005, 05:20
Well, let's all just make sure that this zombie stays risen!