PDA

View Full Version : Just realised something regarding FW orders in Canada.

IG_Airborne_Ranger
10-10-2008, 04:44
All this time I was ordering my FW stuff through the Oakville store for the so-called "Free" shipping. I just found out, if you order from the FW online store to Canada, the shipping is 15% of the item. 15%= the same price as GST/PST and since ordering anything online outside of Canada means no GST/PST, there's absolutely NO DIFFERENCE whether you walk all the way to Oakville or buy FW stuff from the FW online store!! :eek:

Sorry, if this is a pointless thread, but I just thought someone needed to say something especially since I've had to go all the way to the Oakville store just to make FW orders.

grickherder
10-10-2008, 05:12
Well, except if it goes by post and the government assesses taxes on it, you'll get to pay that 15% in taxes afterall as well as a $5 fee. If they send it by a courier, brokerage charges could be much higher.

IG_Airborne_Ranger
10-10-2008, 05:57
Well, except if it goes by post and the government assesses taxes on it, you'll get to pay that 15% in taxes afterall as well as a $5 fee. If they send it by a courier, brokerage charges could be much higher.

It depends on the order really, but so far I have NEVER had to pay any custom charges for orders from the UK and I have ordered miniatures and models from there before through the postal service. And it should be highly unlikely you would be paying for any charges if you're just ordering Imperial Armor books or upgrade parts.

starlight
10-10-2008, 06:28
Canada Post may or may not charge the $5 fee. Courier companies *will* charge their $50 fee.:(

Just save up or bundle with your buddies and get the free express shipping to your door. :)

IG_Airborne_Ranger
27-10-2008, 20:35
Just recieved my copy of Imperial Armour Model MasterClass Vol.1 at my front door curtousey of Canada Post. No charge, no fees, no fuss. Just left the package at my front door.

orks2134
27-10-2008, 21:23
You ordered your book from Oakville HQ to where? They act like a mail order>?

TwilightOdyssey
27-10-2008, 21:29
Here's something I've often wondered:

If you live in North American and order from FW, do you subtract VAT from the price of the item?

JonnyTHM
27-10-2008, 22:36
All this time I was ordering my FW stuff through the Oakville store for the so-called "Free" shipping. I just found out, if you order from the FW online store to Canada, the shipping is 15% of the item. 15%= the same price as GST/PST and since ordering anything online outside of Canada means no GST/PST, there's absolutely NO DIFFERENCE whether you walk all the way to Oakville or buy FW stuff from the FW online store!! :eek:

Sorry, if this is a pointless thread, but I just thought someone needed to say something especially since I've had to go all the way to the Oakville store just to make FW orders.

Okay, I can understand having missed the first reduction in GST from 7%->6%, but how did you miss both that and the reduction in the GST from 6%->5%.

Combined GST/PST in Ontario is 13%, so, you are saving yourself a few bucks on a forgeworld order.

IG_Airborne_Ranger
27-10-2008, 23:08
You ordered your book from Oakville HQ to where? They act like a mail order>?

No dude, I ordered straight from the online store on Forge World's website and the book literally came straight to my door via Canada Post Postman. The only thing I paid extra was the shipping fee which I also paid on Forge World's website. The shipping fee is 15% of whatever the item is, which is the same as the GST & PST in Ontario. I did not have to pay any additional tax or customs fee.

IG_Airborne_Ranger
27-10-2008, 23:09
Okay, I can understand having missed the first reduction in GST from 7%->6%, but how did you miss both that and the reduction in the GST from 6%->5%.

Combined GST/PST in Ontario is 13%, so, you are saving yourself a few bucks on a forgeworld order.

Heh, I never bothered to check the FAQ on Canadian orders before. :D

JonnyTHM
28-10-2008, 14:24
The shipping fee is 15% of whatever the item is, which is the same as the GST & PST in Ontario.

Again... check your reciepts.

GST + PST in Ontario is not 15%.

If places are still charging you 15% they're breaking the law.

Apocalypse
29-10-2008, 03:12
Oh yeah, I almost forgot that little tax reduction...