http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/chicodon/Warhammer%2040k/Publication1.jpg

Rng 36" Str - Ap 5

Heavy 2
Hits on 3+
Wounds on 4+
Pinning

Hideous Loon
14-11-2005, 17:25
Nicey, even though the notion of a sniper-bolter is a bit odd, considering that they fire little rockets. And you've even provided concept sketches too. How swell of you!

lord_blackfang
14-11-2005, 17:28
The autogun is absurdly overpowered. And the other one is basically 2 sniper rifles taped together...

chicodon
14-11-2005, 17:42
i thought rending would over power it :rolleyes: maybe if i gave the sniper ap 4 :D

TheSonOfAbbadon
14-11-2005, 17:52
No, just no.

There's already a sniper/bolter [bolters with stalker bullets] and the autogun variation is just gawddamn stupid.]

Plus they both look stupid.

And the Autogun looks more like a shotgun.

chicodon
14-11-2005, 17:54
thanks for that :cries: guess i should post hear when you get replys like that :eek:

btw they were my friends drawings not mine

chicodon
14-11-2005, 18:11
Double barrel twin link bolter with back pack feed MKII

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/chicodon/Warhammer%2040k/scan0010.jpg

you know the stats of a bolter the other handle folds up and act like a normal bolter grip but come down as i can be used one handed and stopps recoil ( acts as a weight )

ML Kurze
14-11-2005, 18:49
Better give that special autogun something like range 12", str 3, ap 6, assault 2 at an additional cost of +2 pts. And there are boltgun sniper rifles. Same profile as a bolter, only heavy 2 and causes pinning. But only the Deathwatch have access to these rare bullets (according to current fluff).
If you want to give the scouts new weapons, experiment with the following:

When the entire unit is not equipped with sniper rifles, one of the following weapons may be taken. In addition, if no heavy weapon is selected, two weapons may be bought.
- flamer at +8 pts
- plasmagun at +12 pts
- plasma pistol at +8 pts
- meltagun at +12 pts
- storm bolter at +6 pts
- heavy stubber at +10 pts (which can be represented as that heavy autogun).

Yes, the weapons are overpriced. It's for playtesting or friendly games only.

chicodon
14-11-2005, 19:25
ooops that last weapon was ment for normal marines :D or veterans

ML Kurze
14-11-2005, 20:29
ooops that last weapon was ment for normal marines :D or veterans
Which weapon do you mean?

chicodon
15-11-2005, 07:05
The Bolter.....

ML Kurze
15-11-2005, 07:56
Definately. Superbolters (like the storm bolter) shouldn't be given to scouts. It's a loss of technology and we can't let that happen can we?

therisnosaurus
15-11-2005, 08:21
tis like an m40 bolter on steroids

see 'deathwatch' for a valid bolter sniper weapon

chicodon
15-11-2005, 15:18
but that bolter would be good for people with true grit :D

maybe it should call it the "hell" bolter

Anvils Hammer
15-11-2005, 18:17
the sniper bolter already esists, though i must say i like the drawing.

the autogun.... assault 5!! assault 3 rending! what are you on!!!! this is madness, a termintor wouldent be issued with an assault 3 rending gun.

ML Kurze
15-11-2005, 18:30
Maybe something from my secret stash ;)

chicodon
15-11-2005, 20:29
Like i said before my freinds rules not mine !

ML Kurze
16-11-2005, 07:10
Well maybe your friend should try other rules, because these... well, let's say they are a bit over the top.

McMullet
16-11-2005, 10:29
An autogun should have pretty much the same stats and rules as a lasgun. It's a feeble gun and the standard wussie small arms stats fit it well. I would like to add my voice to the chorus of people saying the word "RENDING" in a disbelieving fashion. Also, the picture does look like a shotgun; an autogun is essentially an assault rifle with caseless ammunition as memory serves.

The sniper bolter, once more, has already been covered. Such things exist, and they wouldn't be given to scouts (or even normal marines).

The twinlinked double-barrelled bolter sounds rather like a stormbolter, since a stormbolter is effectively two bolters strapped together.

Overall, it seems like your friend is trying to make scouts overpowered by creating new cheesy weapons for them. He doesn't play Stealth Marines does he?

ML Kurze
16-11-2005, 11:01
Actually, autoguns used to have a longer maximum range then the old lasguns. So, if your friend wants to persist in giving his scouts autoguns, how about trying the following:

Name Range Str AP notes
Autogun 30" 3 - Rapid fire (1 shot up to 30", or 2 up to 12" as per normal rules).

Or some über autoguns perhaps?

Name Range Str AP notes
Assault Rifle 24" 4 6 Rapid fire, Gets Hot!

The autogun can be taken by any scout and cost no additional points cost when replacing their primary weapon.

McMullet
16-11-2005, 11:34
OK so. I thought back in 2nd ed. they were the same bar the -1 save modifier for lasguns (remember that IG players, lasguns with the same armour piercing ability as a bolter...).

Name Range Str AP notes
Assault Rifle 24" 4 6 Rapid fire, Gets Hot!

The autogun can be taken by any scout and cost no additional points cost when replacing their primary weapon.

Given that they can replace their default weapon (BP/CCW) with a bolter, which has better AP and doesn't get hot, at no extra cost, I doubt you'd have many takers.

TheSonOfAbbadon
16-11-2005, 12:23
Plus, autoguns are unworthy for the skilled hands of a might Space Marine.

TheSaint
16-11-2005, 12:44
@ Chicodon. I think the sketches look ok. And nice of you to share them with us. Certainly it will have people thinking about weapon-mods.

However a sniper bolter seems akward to me as sniper weapons should be sorta silent. Because when a sniper kills an enemy (HQ) everybody else will hear (and see!) exactly where he is. Hence, no good for the (dead) sniper ;)

McMullet
16-11-2005, 12:49
As already stated, "sniper" bolters (or rather bolter shells) do exist, they use compressed air to propel the shell isntead of a rocket. It's called a Stalker shell I believe.

However, this ammo is very rare, and normally used only by the Deathwatch (and, presumably, other Inquisitorial types, Assassins and so on. Buit not Scouts).

ML Kurze
16-11-2005, 16:16
I was wondering when someone would notice that. :evilgrin:

Quin 242
28-08-2006, 20:11
Just a few weapons

Since sniper weapons are by thier very nature dependant on critical aim... Anything more than ONE shot blows that out of usefulness and would then take them into using the BS of the firer.

Thumbs down to both suggestions.

ML Kurze
28-08-2006, 20:28
Since sniper weapons are by thier very nature dependant on critical aim... Anything more than ONE shot blows that out of usefulness and would then take them into using the BS of the firer.

Thumbs down to both suggestions.
This is thread'o'mancy and frowned apon by the moderators.