PDA

View Full Version : Dirty tricks with the Icon of Rakaph

gerrymander61
10-10-2008, 14:31
Hey hey, I'm playing a game against my friend after Canadian thanksgiving, that is to say, this weekend. I'll be playing Tomb Kings and I don't know what he'll play. One of the things i'll be fielding is a solid block of tomb guard with the icon of rakaph, which gives you a free reform at the start of the movement phase, after which you're free to move as normal or even charge. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone knows any dirty tricks with this item.

EvC
10-10-2008, 14:55
Yeah. You "can" do the reform so that you're a single rank wide, and then in normal movement expand frontage and move half movement forwards. So an enemy unit that stopped 13" from the Tomb Guard thinking it was safe will suddenly find it's within range of incantantions.

However that's a tactic on the same level as the fanatic slingshot in terms of lameness...

jigplums
10-10-2008, 15:04
fanatic slingshot?

neXus6
10-10-2008, 15:05
Ach come on EvC Tomb Kings need every bloody trick in the book to compete these days. ;)

Makaber
10-10-2008, 15:26
Well, it's good for the unexpected charge, but it's also good for expanding the frontage of the unit to inflict more damage. I recently faught against a Dogs of War army where he got his Slayer Pirates poised to tarpit my unit for the majority of the game. Not so much; one free reform and and a Righteous Smiting later, and the unit was dead to a man.