PDA

View Full Version : Cheers to Forgeworld

SolarHammer
10-10-2008, 16:48
Even though I am pretty sure it was their devious plan just to get me to do something like this, I feel I have to give shout-out to Forgeworld. The other day, I had a tragic accident with my Keeper of secrets, the kind that involves her forcefully disassembling herself on a rainy street. No damage, but all the little fiddly spikes and claws fell off never to be seen again.

I contacted Forgeworld with the intention of buying a couple sprues, and rather than letting me buy them, which I offered in my first email, they have instead posted me the components free of charge.

So cheers to Forgeworld.

Templar Ben
10-10-2008, 16:58
GW has always had excellent customer service. I am glad this worked out well for you.

IG_Airborne_Ranger
10-10-2008, 19:15
Yep, they've given and shipped replacement parts all the way to me in Canada for FREE several times now. So no matter where in the world you live guys, if you ever feel the need to get parts to replace broken ones don't hesitate to call Forge World.

olmsted
10-10-2008, 20:07
just dont abuse it and say that your entire forgeworld model bit the dust and demand a free one. also before you do this please make sure you actually bought something from them.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
10-10-2008, 20:24
Wow, that is amazing. I guess when they charge you out the butt for models, they can afford to replace whatever fiddly-bits you need.

Having said that, yes, I have bought from them before and yes, their kits are wonderful. But expensive.

IG_Airborne_Ranger
11-10-2008, 08:03
I think they have regular customers on a database that determines our buying habits and checks how many times we've asked for spare parts.

The boyz
11-10-2008, 08:20
That's good of FW. GW always have provided very good customer service.

Jedi152
13-10-2008, 07:36
Superb as usual. GW is never anything but.

Just be glad they put the phone down before you heard what they probably said about you, unlike one WarSeer, who was treated to a tirade of 'another lying f***er' when the staff member didn't put the phone down properly after he asked for replacement warped parts. :D

olmsted
13-10-2008, 07:49
thats got to be the funniest thing ever. id call them back and say, "just for your information my parents were married when i was concieved.

Paradox
13-10-2008, 08:16
The Festival Of Positivity is alive and well in this thread.

FW rock- I've never had any issue getting replacements from them but admittedly the only time I've needed to was for a particularly poorly cast Chimera rear hatch. It was sent out to me half the world away with no problems what so ever.

Quality. Try getting that kind of service buying performance car parts...

catbarf
13-10-2008, 22:58
It's threads like these that convince me to buy from FW despite the shipping times and miscasts. I can afford to wait for my toy soldiers if I know that the company will treat me well.

By the way, they're taking emails again?

daemonkin
14-10-2008, 08:53
Can I ask what happened to the KOS that made her dissolve?

FW have been excellent for me, splitting up orders and posting as and when they were available (bloody Aeronautica being very popular) and sending free of charge.

A friend did not receive his pre ordered stuff at GD and they sent him his packs after the event (4 packs of Red Scorpions). however they sent him the assault squads instead. When he complained they told him he would have to send them back first before they would ship the ones he wanted. This is the first I have heard them demand to return products that they mistakenly sent out.

D.

Paradox
15-10-2008, 03:49
I think in some instances asking for the damaged / wrong item back is good policy. Especially on higher cost items where the undesirable bastards who ruin it for everyone might attempt to score a two fer.

decker_cky
15-10-2008, 05:39

Forcefully disassembled sounds a lot to me like he dropped it. ;)

the overlord
15-10-2008, 14:55
Luckily I have never received bad parts, or had accidents with FW parts. However a friend of mine had some problems quite some years ago. He just sent some pictures to FW of the damaged component (damaged because of the postman:( ). No problems, he received new items for his damaged parts (resutling in some extra IG turrets which he gave away as prices in a local tournament).
Excellent service, excellent handling. Never had any problems that could not be solved.

Mad Jack Deacon
15-10-2008, 15:04
I have to admit that I've always admired pretty much everything that Forgeworld's ever produced.

Yeah, it's expensive, blah, blah, blah. But the quality is (most of the time) very good, and their customer service is second only to none.

I'm kinda looking forward to the new Master modeling book. I'm hoping that there are a lot of substantial tips, techniques, and methods. Especially if there's content on fixing miscasts or mold slipping. Not that the book is a license to get sloppy mind you.

olmsted
15-10-2008, 17:35

FW have been excellent for me, splitting up orders and posting as and when they were available (bloody Aeronautica being very popular) and sending free of charge.

A friend did not receive his pre ordered stuff at GD and they sent him his packs after the event (4 packs of Red Scorpions). however they sent him the assault squads instead. When he complained they told him he would have to send them back first before they would ship the ones he wanted. This is the first I have heard them demand to return products that they mistakenly sent out.

D.

he got the wrong stuff of course he should send it back. if i was to bring the wrong food to your table would you correct it and say this isnt mine or would you gobble it down like a pig?

catbarf
15-10-2008, 21:11
he got the wrong stuff of course he should send it back. if i was to bring the wrong food to your table would you correct it and say this isnt mine or would you gobble it down like a pig?

Well, if they charged him for postage, that's like the waiter bringing the wrong food to your table and then asking for some cash before he brings you your correct order...

Moronguhl
31-10-2008, 13:06
I haven't really got any complaints about FW, whenever there's been a miscast or a breakage they've replaced the models.

A question to you guys though, how much do you put up with in terms of miscasts? Having recieved the second batch of dodgyily cast Epic Stormswords I've sent the worse batch back so they can have a look, and then hopefully send me some good ones.

I realise flash and mould lines are par for the course, but huge blobby bits of resin by turrets, missing chunks of tank tracks, blurred and wobbly detail...how much should be expected? Any opinions?

-Moronguhl