PDA

View Full Version : what ever happened to kislev?

Nighthawke
10-10-2008, 19:34
bit random but i found the kislev army book from white dwarf and just wondered whats happened to them?
do people still use them?
and are they any good with the new armies out?

Malorian
10-10-2008, 20:35
I've never seen them in a game... although if I do my ogres are totally ready to take the banner that makes me immune to their magic ; )

From what I've heard they are on par with dogs of war.

Nighthawke
10-10-2008, 20:37
ahh bit of a shame then
i was thinking of taking them as i just love their magic and characters and just everything about them in general lol

Malorian
10-10-2008, 20:40
Well then do it. It's still a valid list as far as I know (It's not like a new Kislev army book came out that outdates the white dwarf list).

I'm sure that if you work your infantry and calvary right you can have a workable army.

Damian
10-10-2008, 20:45
Only trouble is, where does one get the miniatures? I had a look on the GW website and could not find them anywhere. Was the miniature line scrapped along with all the other classic models? If so, that will be really annoying, trying to amass a whole army off ebay would be a pain.

Nighthawke
10-10-2008, 20:52
aww your right thats well a shame
cant belive they would do that

Lordsaradain
10-10-2008, 20:52
Kislev should be fused into the empire IMO. Then they won't need theor own armybook, but empire will get some cool new additional units and options for themes. Fusing kislev with empire makes sense too, both nations would benefit from it, against the threat of chaos etc.

grumbaki
10-10-2008, 23:39
I completely agree that they should be fused. I highly doubt that Kislev would sell well enough by itself, but when put with the Empire it might hold up. Plus it would provide some new and interesting options. Streltsi for example, halberds and +1 to hit with their handguns. Winged Lancers as knights without the full plate, but who cause fear on the chage. They could even re-release the Kislevite model who rides a bear. Have it as an upgrade for a grandmaster if he joins the units of winged lancers.

40kdhs
10-10-2008, 23:52
what ever happened to kislev?

He went back to mother "Russia" 2 years ago.:)

yabbadabba
10-10-2008, 23:52
Kislev was absorbed into the new human state UEE (United Empire Electorates) after the illegal and unprovoked attacks by the Capitalist Chaos Forces or the arch imperialist Archaon, for its own protection and the mutual protection of all humankind.

Seriously, you might have to do a bit of converting of standard Empire models. There is a range there, try talking to you direct sales team as they have access to all the codes and might be able to pull some stuff up for you.

Kalec
11-10-2008, 01:24
Fusing the two would finally give Empire their own unique lore, a welcome change.

DoktorZinieztro
11-10-2008, 04:02
As far as Ive surfed, some people use OG's Eastern European ranges to proxy or complement their Kislev armies.

Polish, Cossacks, maybe some Valachs and a few Mongols or Turks peppered in, all 15-16th centuryish, might do the trick.

Mind ye, OG are a bit "thinner" than the official Kislevites, but their Og Army deal (40% off after you susbcribe might make you impervious to that fact). But, if scalecreep is something you abhor, I think it was Renegade minis that had some winged lancers...

Anyway... I've been think of a Kislevite force, a small one, and cheap proxies would fit me very well.

Now, as far as what happened to Kislev as a nation... I'd say all of it was razed after the Storm Of Chaos incursion. I mean, the so-called lord of the End Times made it all the way to Middenheim, so I'd bet everything bewteen the City of the Wolf and the Wastes was plundered and stomped by the marching hordes.

A few pockets of survivors might be out there in the steppes, but I don't think many of the made it out alive.

antin3
11-10-2008, 04:19
I think you could use the Empre army book for the rules if you were worried about the army being valid. If you collect WD they had an issue waaay back when Mordheim came out where one of the Perry twins made a warband of Kislevs from the militia sprues and in my opinion they looks a thousand times better than the metal Kislevs that GW came out with.

Estonianzulu
11-10-2008, 04:45
Now, as far as what happened to Kislev as a nation... I'd say all of it was razed after the Storm Of Chaos incursion. I mean, the so-called lord of the End Times made it all the way to Middenheim, so I'd bet everything bewteen the City of the Wolf and the Wastes was plundered and stomped by the marching hordes.

Although if we take anything from Russian history it is that invading armies are as likely to find the land pre-scorched as they are to have the opportunity to pillage. Russia survived the rampage of arguably the two greatest armies since Alexander, I wouldn't call it a stretch to think Kislev survived some mangy Chaos incursion.

DoktorZinieztro
11-10-2008, 05:59
You got a point there...

So maybe, the Kislevites are hiding in some forgotten stronghold, regrouping and bringing a few dwarf friends along for the rebuilding of Prague.

I like that idea. Them dwarfs sure as witch's warts love the Kislevite Vodka! And we all know what a bunch of drunken dwarfs is capable of...

Zaporosti!

pierangelo
11-10-2008, 07:45
did you ever download the Lislev book GW had online a few years ago. Its a 5 meg file, a full on army book that I do not know if it was ever published. PM if you need a copy. warning its 5 megs big.

Nighthawke
11-10-2008, 09:37
ahh i never thought of what happened after the storm of chaos
and yeah the army book for them was printed in white dwarf it has lots on them but nothing recent after the storm of chaos etc
i try to keep the models as gw as we cant proxy at the club

Bregalad
11-10-2008, 10:52
There are other Kislev threads that go into more detail. Here some basics:
1.) Kislev miniatures are not available at the GW webstore and even hard to find on ebay.
2.) The list seems to be still valid, but limited with few options, so not very competitive except as part of a full Empire army.
3.) Warmachine Khador has some miniatures in the same style, if you need more infantry.