PDA

View Full Version : 1600 Lizardmen tourney list

Hydex
10-10-2008, 20:09
disclaimer : I have only played 2 battles with Lizardmen so it may be a very bad list :D

2 battles out of 5 will be played 2v2 and I will play with an Empire army... It's the first time for me and I have no idea of this will work out.

Here's my current list

Heroes
Saurus Scar-Veteran, General, Great Weapon, Light Armour, Quetz & Tepok spawning, Shield of the Mirrored Pool 161
Saurus Scar-Veteran, Light Armour, Itzl & Tepok spawning, Burning Blade of Chotek, Enchanted Shield, on a Cold One 170
Skink Priest, level 1, Cube of Darkness 105

Core
Saurus Warriors x20, including Standard, Musician, Champion 270
Skink Skirmishers x11, blowpipe 66
Skink Skirmishers x10, javelin 60

Special
Saurus Cavalry x5, including Standard with Huanchi's Blessed Totem and Musician 245
Kroxigors x4, including a champion 252
Chameleon Skinks x5 75

Rare
Salamander Hunting Packs x3 195

Total 1599

I will put the skink priest in the salamander unit, the cold one saurus in the cavalry unit and the general in the saurus unit.
I'll try to hold the centre with the saurus warriors, and charging from the side with Kroxigors (or I may deploy them accordingly with the enemy I face, NOT 45" from the Steam Tank If I face another empire...) and the saurus cavalry. Skinks would cover Kroxis and Saurus if needed or try to shoot high endurance units, or btb units too strong for me (I think swordmasters here).
Chameleon Skinks would be deployed not too far from the enemy if possible to hinder his movement a bit and maybe shooting low save fast cavalry or war machines in the process.
I see several problems already though IMO : 5 dispel dice are not too bad I think, but if I ever face a full magic list I'm dead... Not sure what I can do here without playing full magic too (and full magic LM without slann is not so great...).
The rest I may be able to manage depending on what works as planned and what doesn't :evilgrin:
I would really like to immune my saurus unit to psychology but it takes one special slot, which I don't have. I could withdraw the chameleon unit though, which would leave me defenseless against war machines. Or pay a Battle Standard with the Fear Banner but it's a huge point sink.

If you have any ideas of what I could change or how I should play it, please help me a bit ! :angel:
Thanks!

Malorian
10-10-2008, 20:18
1600 tournament?... odd...

-You can't use a great weapon and a shield. If you are taking it just for bouncing back magic it probably isn't worth it. Think about trading for the jaguar charm.
-If you are going to take the cube also consider taking the mark of the old ones to upgrade it to a 75% chance of working.
-champ in the krox is kind of a waste.

Other wise it looks fine : )

Dark14
10-10-2008, 21:09
dump burning blade upgrade priest to lvl 2 :)

Hydex
10-10-2008, 21:46
1600 tournament?... odd...

-You can't use a great weapon and a shield. If you are taking it just for bouncing back magic it probably isn't worth it. Think about trading for the jaguar charm.
-If you are going to take the cube also consider taking the mark of the old ones to upgrade it to a 75% chance of working.
-champ in the krox is kind of a waste.

Other wise it looks fine : )
You're right here, I'll try to change this, thanks :)

dump burning blade upgrade priest to lvl 2 :)

no way I pay for a lvl 2 alone ... One lvl 1 or 2 lvl 2 for this format (or 3 lvl 2 but they probably won't accept this list), I don't see the point of anything else?

Creeping Dementia
10-10-2008, 23:50
Your right about the priest, keep him at level 1. I would personally ditch the Cube and just go with a couple scrolls. It's a bit more flexable. The cube is good if you know your going against a super magic heavy list (VC, HE, tzeentch) but against anything more moderate it will be a waste. In my 2250 list I just have 2 scrolls and 5 dice and I usually do ok. If you take a scar-vet with the Jaguar charm you'll be able to hunt down a mage or two as well to even things out.

Put a champ in that Cav unit to make it an even better hammer, and just get the points from the Krox champ. The burning blade isn't bad, just a question of what you want the cav to do. I personally use my cav to smash through blocks of infantry, so I go with either the Scimitar of the sun or Sword of striking (hitting rank and file on 2s is great), but if you want to take out heavier stuff then stay with the burning blade.

Shield of the Mirrored pool looks good on paper, but in reality it may work once, but then your opponent will just target other units.

As for strategy, I would play more of a refused flank tactic rather than holding the center. Generally, play your cav and krox on the far flank, perhaps supported by the Sallies, and then block off their exposed side with the saurus. The use your hammers (Cav and Krox) to take out the enemy flank and start rolling the enemy up toward the center. Think of the Saurus block as being a hinge, and the rest of your army as the door. The Chameleon skinks are really just going to be either a distraction or a constant thorn in the side, but I wouldn't expect too much from them. Good luck

PopeAlexanderVI
11-10-2008, 00:13
Personally I would prefer another unit of Krox to saurus cav.

Citizen
11-10-2008, 00:14
What country are you playing in? Because you'll probably take a hit when it comes to being marked Comp if you're taking 3 Salamanders.