PDA

View Full Version : Warbands Rules?

Othiem
10-10-2008, 20:50
Trying to get a few friends into WFB, but none of them are willing to commit to large armies (fair enough). I saw a few mentions online of a set of rules for 500 point or less games called Warbands, but I can not for the life of me find them on the GW site. Anybody know where the hell these rules are?

Helveticus
10-10-2008, 20:57
http://www.warfan.net/Warbands.pdf

Rolo Ramone
10-10-2008, 23:43
I always think that Warbands is incredible good for new players. Also, itīs a great way for start a new army, because you can begin with few models. An the Bfsp itīs great for Warbands.

Othiem
11-10-2008, 02:14
Hm....yeah I'm really liking the rules, the whole thing where leaders have aspects that get different special abilities is slick. I'm thinking of house ruling two things on it though.

1) Only need 4 wide rows to get a rank bonus

2) Up the cost of heros to 100, since DE casters START at 100, seems unfair to deny the whole army magic when empire can take a basic lvl 2 battle wizard for less. Maybe allow exemption for upping the lvl of a caster to not come out of it's point cost, I'll have to see.

Other than that, looks fun, hopefully I can talk them into it now.

gorenut
11-10-2008, 07:14
Yea, Warbands is great. Sometimes I prefer a few Warband games. In our group, we even use the rules up to 750 points. I believe at 500 pts, the character cap is at 150 pts (after wargear, etc) so it shouldn't be a problem.

Hm....yeah I'm really liking the rules, the whole thing where leaders have aspects that get different special abilities is slick. I'm thinking of house ruling two things on it though.

1) Only need 4 wide rows to get a rank bonus

2) Up the cost of heros to 100, since DE casters START at 100, seems unfair to deny the whole army magic when empire can take a basic lvl 2 battle wizard for less. Maybe allow exemption for upping the lvl of a caster to not come out of it's point cost, I'll have to see.

Other than that, looks fun, hopefully I can talk them into it now.