PDA

View Full Version : all mounted mortal chaos 2k pts

lector#1
11-10-2008, 09:07
ok this is what i have come up with i still feel its a bit small even for a chaos army i was thinking of changing 1 or 2 units of knights for some infantry or the bsb for more marauder horsemen or something along those lines

Chaos Lord
chaos runesword, crown of everlasting conquest, chaos steed, shield - 344

Exalted champion
Bsb, doom totem, steed - 226

Sorcerer, level 2
mark of tzeentch
Dispell scroll, chaos steed - 146

Sorcerer, level 2
mark of tzeentch
Dispell scroll, chaos steed - 146

5 marauder horsmen
Throwing axes - 75

5 marauder horsmen
Throwing axes - 75

5 marauder horsmen
Throwing axes - 75

5 chaos knights
Standard bearer, musician - 230

5 chaos knights

5 chaos knights

5 chaos knights

39 mounted
6 dispel dice (2 dispell scrolls)
4 power dice

any critisism is good

Esco Thomson
11-10-2008, 20:24
Your cost for both of your level two sorcerers is off, you have them at well below what they actually cost, so I would recheck your math on them.

I think that the Doom Totem is rather pointless here. You have a fast moving force which will probably see combat very quickly, limiting what units can draw line of sight to it.

I fail to see the point of the throwing axes either, you are going to be on them and in combat quickly, and that will stop your shooting.

Finally, you took a Chaos Lord, I think that this is a bad choice. Cost wise he isn't really worth it. You are better off taking another Exalted in his stead, or if you are dead set on a lord choice, take a Sorcerer Lord.

With the points you would free unp you could invest in some marks or some hounds. Slaanesh is dirt cheap for your knights and is really fantastic there. Also, you could get some much needed musicians on your horsemen as well.

I'd probably kit out your two warrior characters to be a bit harder hitting as well.

LION
11-10-2008, 21:03
;) I would throw in at least one Chariot for variety + hitting power. Maybe consider Flails on a Unit or tWo of M Horse instead of Throwing Axes. Drop a unit of Knights and get hounds and another Chariot for your Exaulted Champ BSB. Three Units of Knights should be enougth!

----------------------------------------------
Lions Weekly Bits Box Blitz Sponsored by Elf Glue
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165087

lector#1
11-10-2008, 23:16
firstly i have alwaysed used chaos lord i prefer my combat lord to have 3 wounds, and i was thinking of dropping the bsb and a unit of knights for hounds (for screening) and a chariot or 2

lector#1
12-10-2008, 06:21
hows about this dont know what to do with the remaining 59 points but it has lots more numbers

Chaos Lord
chaos runesword, crown of everlasting conquest, chaos steed, shield - 344

Sorcerer, level 2
mark of tzeentch
Dispell scroll, chaos steed - 176

Sorcerer, level 2
mark of tzeentch
Dispell scroll, chaos steed - 176

5 marauder horsmen
Flails - 75

5 marauder horsmen
fFails - 75

5 marauder horsmen
Flails - 75

5 hounds - 30

5 hounds - 30

5 hounds - 30

5 chaos knights

5 chaos knights

5 chaos knights

Chariot - 120

Chariot - 120

Esco Thomson
12-10-2008, 10:34
It is better, but your still off on your Sorcerers cost. They should be at 181. I would reccomend investing in musicians for your horsemen for sure.

lector#1
12-10-2008, 16:09
umm how are they 181 the steed is 16 points dp is 25 mark is 15 level 2 is 35 and the sorcerer is 85 points

and what else should i add in besides the musicians

Kalec
12-10-2008, 17:26
Chariots are not 2-for-1, so if you want to run two of em you gotta drop a unit of knights, or give the second chariot to your lord.

Esco Thomson
12-10-2008, 18:01
umm how are they 181 the steed is 16 points dp is 25 mark is 15 level 2 is 35 and the sorcerer is 85 points

and what else should i add in besides the musicians

Because the mark is 20 points, not 15.

Well I already mentioned that you could get by better without spending the extra points on a Lord, but you shot that down.

Simply put though, in a fast all out attack army, you shouldn't be relying on his wounds (3 vs 2), you should be trying to steamroll through the enemy. An exalted in a unit of Knights should have little issues with this.

lector#1
14-10-2008, 10:33
nah i like my lords im not a fan of exalted champions leading my army