PDA

View Full Version : O&G Shaga's screamin' sword Question

gortexgunnerson
11-10-2008, 10:12
Hi

I am looking into starting an O&G army list and was looking at the item Shaga's screamin' sword. The item states the wielder gains +1 strength and +1 attack per character with 12". Does this include unit champions who are noted in BRB as characters with the exception they cannot leave the unit?

Thanks

Braad
11-10-2008, 11:29
Quote from page 81 of the BRB: "Although they normally have slightly better characteristics than normal troopers, champions are not characters but members of their regiment..."

So no. Would be crazy too. If you're near 3 units with champions and 3 characters (can happen) you would be looking at 10 S11 attacks. OTT?
It would be too powerfull. Its already very good, actually. One of my favourite items.

Gazak Blacktoof
11-10-2008, 12:02
No you wouldn't count champions but you would count dark elf assassins, they are still characters even though they don't take up a hero or lord slot.

Bac5665
11-10-2008, 14:46
Well. That comment begs an obvious question.

My guess is no, you can't count the assassin as within 12" until after its been revealed, but thats only for sanity reasons. I haven't looked at either book yet, so I have no opinion on the RAW side.

Gazak Blacktoof
11-10-2008, 15:16
Yes, he's not there if he hasn't been revealed so it would be difficult to measure a range to him.

Nurgling Chieftain
11-10-2008, 21:00
Does this include unit champions who are noted in BRB as characters with the exception they cannot leave the unit?That's backwards. Unit champions are not characters who can't leave their units; they are normal rank-and-file members of their unit with a few of the rules normally used by characters.