PDA

View Full Version : Craftworld Idharae and the Invaders Chapter

Kildash
11-10-2008, 16:02
heya fella's... I just wanted to let you know that you should take a look on page 49 of the new space marine codex. There's a table of famous battles, and in the year 851.M41 or so, there's mention of an Invaders chapter destroying the Craftworld idharae... Now, since neither of those have ever been spoken about before, I hearby claim the name Idharae for my eldar chapter... You might want to watch the battle report section in the coming month, since I will write battle reports with fluff about how the Craftworld's destruction happened, and what happened to the survivors...

Rockerfella
11-10-2008, 16:13
Cool idea!

Looking forward to the battle reports and associated fluff!

All the best with it! :)

Firaxin
11-10-2008, 16:43
Sweet! :D
That's how 40k is supposed to be played, imho.

Pitalla Crimson
11-10-2008, 17:28
Also the chapter's homeworld got destroyed 50 years later by craftworld Alitoc. :p
so if things dont go well there is always a possibility of revenge.

Chaos Undecided
11-10-2008, 17:37
I guess Idharae must have been on the small side for a Craftworld, seem to recall one of the Imperial Battlefleets was almost completely annihilated attempting to destroy one of the other Craftworld. Cant imagine a Chapter fleet (especially for what was orginally a world based chapter) being anywhere near the size of a Segmentum Battlefleet.

Messiah
11-10-2008, 18:26
Nice. :)

Are there iconography in the book, or are you making up your own? Cool either way. ;)

Allen
11-10-2008, 18:45
Cant imagine a Chapter fleet (especially for what was orginally a world based chapter) being anywhere near the size of a Segmentum Battlefleet.

Sector Battlefleet...not Segmentum. Sector. A "sector" in the Imperium is a relatively small administrative cluster of planets. The Galaxy (and the Imperium) on the other hand, is divided in four major "Segmenti": Solar around Terra, Tempestus in the galactic south, Pacificus in the west, Ultima (the biggest) in the east and Obscurus in the galactic north. Each segmentum is, roughly, 1/5 of the Imperium in terms of military manpower.

The Imperium can't ammass a whole Segmentum Fleet in one spot, it's strategically and logistically impossible...but in the case that will happen in the fluff I'm quite confident that a Segmentum Fleet is more than enough to wipe the floor with any Craftworld.

Messiah
11-10-2008, 18:49
Only if they can find it. ;)

Kyrolon
11-10-2008, 19:52
This is funny, I was thinking last night about painting up some of my extra guardians in a color scheme for Idharae. My primary force is Alaitoc. I figured since Alaitoc took vengeance for the loss of Iharae that they may have taken in the survivors.

Kildash
11-10-2008, 22:35
okay, thanks for the comments guys... Ow, and I knew about the destruction of the invaders chapter's homeworld by Alaitoc, i read that too. Anywayz, on the painting and iconography: I have been painting my own eldar in a darkish red color scheme, with a lot of highlighting and washing... anywayz, you'll have to wait until the first report comes up, and then you'll get some detailed pictures... ow, and yes, a nice craftworld could shoot up an entire fleet... the problem is that the Invaders fleet actually assaulted it with droppod-like ships that attack other ships (read Fulgrim and you know what I mean)... A few companies of marines on board a craftworld and things might get rough for the eldar.

Ow, and you can speculate all you want, but you're guesses will be wrong, go ahead. And yes, Alaitoc WILL be mentioned in the fluff, since I describe the events before and after the craftworld's destruction.