PDA

View Full Version : imperial armour 5 part 1 and 2

LemanRuss
11-10-2008, 16:47
hey guys i'm just wondering whats in imperial armour part1 and 2 concerning krieg.

does part one enable me to play the krieg list all by itself or do i need the part 2 as well?

could someone tell me whats in which

example

part
-grenadiers
-kriegeniers
-heavy mortars

etc

thanks

Tonberry
11-10-2008, 16:50
Volume 1 has a complete Krieg army list, which has everything apart from the newest FW stuff, like the Mole Launcher and the Hades.

LemanRuss
11-10-2008, 17:04
thanks tonny that saves me a lot of pain in the wallet for buying both.

by the way , you find it a good book for someone only interested in krieg?
as in worth the buck

Hulkster
11-10-2008, 17:08
its worth it even if you just like general GW and FW fluff, like me

LemanRuss
11-10-2008, 17:12
i sure do hulkyboy i sure do.
anyways anything else cept krieg and chaos in there, sumthink cooky?

gamer2456
11-10-2008, 17:28
theres some Red Scorpions rules in Part 2 (for a tactical squad) along with the Reaver Battle Titan

Mr Feral
11-10-2008, 19:59
I would most recommend it, it gives a rather good insight into how gruelling siege warfare works in the 40K universe.

It has pretty pictures in it too :p

Darkhorse
11-10-2008, 20:36
Do the Alpha Legion put in an appearance in IA6?

TheOneWithNoName
11-10-2008, 21:43
Do the Alpha Legion put in an appearance in IA6?

Only in passing, Arkos is mentioned briefly, and there's a picture of an Alpha Legion dreadnought.

goof1972
11-10-2008, 22:57
If you're a Krieg player, I would recommend purchasing IA6 part 2 for the Engineer and Hades Drill rules. Even though that's the only DKoK rules in the whole book, these DKoK-exclusive units are amazing!!!

Baneboss
11-10-2008, 23:13
If you want to buy it only for the IG rules then i dont recommend it. Simply because new IG codex is coming and it will most likely break entire DKoK list compatibility with it. Its not like you wont be able to use it as long as you play only friendly games and such.

I have to say fluff part is excellent. Scenarios are excellent. Renegades list is good. DKoK is underpowered compared to current official IG list.

Dio´Ra
12-10-2008, 00:38
The story itself is great enough to buy the books for...have reread Part 1 several times and enjoying the second part....

But I think the engineers are quite vital to any krieg player due to being another troopy type, which is cheap then the overpriced and useless platoon.

Taking one platoon and one squad of engineers saves you so much points for more fun things :)

Ironmonger
15-10-2008, 11:13
If you're a Krieg player, I would recommend purchasing IA6 part 2 for the Engineer and Hades Drill rules. Even though that's the only DKoK rules in the whole book, these DKoK-exclusive units are amazing!!!

Totally agree! If used right (i.e. with the HBD), DKoK Engineers are the first really decent assault troops for guard.

elite_dannux
15-10-2008, 12:01
Whats a mole launcher or a Hades?

Ironmonger
15-10-2008, 12:58
A mole Launcher is a throw-back to the Mole Mortar, and is a fluffy way to give Engineers a heavy weapon. Short range, but at str 5 AP 5 blast and barrage for 10 pts not bad (IMO).

The HBD isn't a transport, but allows any Engineers set aside with it in reserve to deep strike the turn after where ever it breached. Engineers are troop, so you can see the potential. Too many rules: when it breaches, the Hades is gonna rock anything it touches w/a 5" template.

Them shotguns the 'gineers are toting aren't very good, but well timed mass breaching/gas grenade attacks, layin' in with assault shots after is gonna prove a good way to stomp a flank!