PDA

View Full Version : Hordes of Chaos 1k points

0ld1eye
11-10-2008, 18:23
So, I'm taking part in a little 1k point tournament next weekend, and the staffmembers are being lenient in that they're accepting HoC lists instead of mortals lists using the WD141 rules. Which is a good thing as I do not have WD141 and do not have access to the upcoming rulebook as some GW staff members do.

So, bearing that in mind, I came up with this:

Heroes
exalted champion of chaos
mark of tzeentch
daemonic mount
golden eye of tzeentch
shield
halberd
spell familiar
271pts

core
10x warriors
mark of tzeentch
full command squad
shields

15x warriors
mark of tzeentch
full command squad
shields

20x marauders
light armour, shields
full command squad

6 chaos furies

total: 1001 (GASP, a whole 1 point over! I actually hate this, but I couldn't find an easy way to trim off a point. Any ideas?)
I know what you're thinking, which is 'idiot! A ~270 point hero in 1000 points?' and you might be right. However, this seems very tzeentchian to me, and I can easily keep him out of harms way on his magic frisbee and ignore 2/3s of missiles coming at me. Also I don't have the available models to make a larger list. Ironically, this list is similar to my 2k points list, the critical difference being a Lord of Change hanging about and preening himself (and he is a pretty model for a Big Blue Chicken).

I'm going to have to splash out on a couple of fury blisters as it is, but I'd rather not, so those 90pts are pretty much available for whatever better suggestions you have. Preferably something which will be legal with the dawn of the new army book, which I know little about, but furies would make sense to hang about a battlefield, so I don't know if they'll be taken out, having ignored the past issues of WD. Hopefully you'll be able to give me a pointer or two there.

Many thanks in advance.

Kalec
12-10-2008, 03:11
No furies in the new book. We get warhounds, which aren't as good at hunting mages and warmachines but are good at screening our expensive troops.

The temp list is on the GW website, so you could download that for free and see if you prefer it to the HoC list

0ld1eye
12-10-2008, 04:22
Can I get a link to the temp list, please? I've been looking everywhere for half an hour and I've only found the preview for the new one.