PDA

View Full Version : different emperor's champion

isidril93
11-10-2008, 21:38
i am about to start a BT army (just picked up AOBR in fact) and since i need an EC i thought id make a different one. the main reason is that i want it to be left handed and the normal one is a bit to...well...right handed.

i thought about using the commander's box set but it wouldnt really get me what i needed. then i saw the command squad and thought that is i combine the champion from that set with a commanders bow set id make a pretty cool EC (there was one like it in the GD...LA i think)

for the normal company champion i will then use the left over pieces.

but can BT take a cmmand squad (i believe they cna but just making sure) and does anyone know were i can get a picture of the sprues?

also how good is the high marshal special character and if i want too can i use him as a commander?

Lord Malorne
11-10-2008, 21:50
You need the codex my friend before the models ;).

The BT chapter upgrade box has a left handed power sword...why do you want it left handed?

Victomorga
12-10-2008, 04:53
almost all the SM plastics have right handed power swords, I believe.

Vexbane
12-10-2008, 05:24
I agree with Lord Malorne you need the codex first.
I would also invest in a few of the BT chapter upgrade boxes. They are really good. You will also need some BP+CCW armed marines witch are not in the AoBR box.
I do not have enough experience to say if HIgh marshal Helbrect is good or not because I am a new BT player as well and while I have him I have never used him yet. He can be a marshal though. As per the FAQ you can elect to just use the EC as your HQ choice as well.
Any marshal or chaplain can use a command squad or terminator command squad.

isidril93
12-10-2008, 17:34
well the reason i want a left handed models is bocause i am left handed. also i know for sure that the company champion is left handed. but would the use of the command squad and the captain make a good EC?

Maceye
12-10-2008, 17:39
I know for sure that the Space Wolf upgrade sprue which comes with all space wolf plastic boxes has a left handed power sword and power axe, but they may be a bit too wolfish.

Lord Malorne
12-10-2008, 17:56
As I said the BT crusader upgrade box comes with a left handed power sword, which has BT bling on it.

Devil Tree
12-10-2008, 18:09
I feel your pain Isdrill, I too have despaired over the lack of left handed models.

I'm not sure how much it costs, but if you feel like spending money, you can get your hands on the original Emperors Champion. That one’s holding a sword with 2 hands, so it can kinda be called left handed. I got mine when it origanally came out.

Waywatcher-
12-10-2008, 18:11
if you want the rules Get the codex.

What are the veiws on the left handed in the 40k world, becuse they used to be considered evil.........and i still think they are...

Waywatcher

Lord Malorne
12-10-2008, 18:22
I feel your pain Isdrill, I too have despaired over the lack of left handed models.

I'm not sure how much it costs, but if you feel like spending money, you can get your hands on the original Emperors Champion. That one’s holding a sword with 2 hands, so it can kinda be called left handed. I got mine when it origanally came out.

Check out my Black Templar log...I have four of them! :D

It took GW a few years to do power fists in either hand but now you can get them (not easy though) as it stands there are several place to aquire left handed swords.

MvS
12-10-2008, 18:24
@ Waywatcher: In general the Imperium's bigotry manifests itself in other ways. Handedness is irrelevant providing you do your work and/or fight when required. Anyway, Marines are ambidextrous.

@Isidril: All that aside, the sword hand from the old metal Terminator Captain is nice, and as you have already noticed, the Champion from the command squad has a very nice left handed sword arm.

As Lord Malome pointed out, the BT upgrade pack has a nice left handed power sword with BT iconography, only this sword is a little bit shorter than the other two power swords I've mentioned and looks more of a one-handed weapon. The other two have longer hilts and blades.

isidril93
13-10-2008, 19:24
i got the book and i think i will go with the command squad/captain thing, i will then try to make the command squad into a swordbrethren squad, shouldnt be that hard especially when i have all those left over pieces from the captain.

lord malorne you have such an amazing BT army, unfortunatly i doubt how much i would be able to get that emperor's champion being that it is limited edition but ill do a little searching.

just to clarify is this it
http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/btec5.jpg

if that is it then it looks quite good

isidril93
15-10-2008, 20:02
hi guys...sorry to bother you again but i had a brilliant (if i do say so myself) idea. what if i were to use Ezekiel of the dark angels. i know hes a librarian but he doesnt really look like one, he has a big sword and is all robed and whatever...perfect EC!!!
what do you think guys?

victorpofa
15-10-2008, 22:27
You will need to file his sword and the Ram-skull iconography. The sword has the zig-zags of a Librarian force weapon, and the Ram-skull is also a Librarian trademark. The books may or may not work for you. Other than that as long as you don't mind the robe go for it. :evilgrin:

devik
16-10-2008, 00:07
almost all the SM plastics have right handed power swords, I believe.

Command squad box... Company champion has shield in the right, power sword in the left. There might be another power sword in this box, I don't recall off the top of my head.

Commander box has a left-handed power sword (and fist and lightning claw and chainsword).

The Ravenwing box has two different power swords on each sprue - don't remember if these are lefty, righty, or one of each.

Assault squad boxes have a righty power-axe and power fist.

And of course, the various chapter upgrade boxes have their own goodies. Black Templar have one or two on each sprue, I don't know about the regular Dark Angels upgrades, DA veterans, or Space Wolves upgrades, since these are the only three SM plastics I've never purchased.

Hope this helps to get you an idea of what comes in each box. I've got a ton of spare bits from buying hordes and hordes of SM models over the years, and I usually have a pretty good memory of what comes in each box. :)

keatsmeister
16-10-2008, 00:46
A couple of suggestions

How about the older SM Captain with the sword pointing, and the Storm Bolter held at the hip?

One or two of the Chaplains are left-handed, switch out the Crozius for a badass sword, and you're in business.