PDA

View Full Version : calling on all ork players starting new ork army ....

woffims
12-10-2008, 07:20
i need to knw wht to get first and some advice oh and im thnkin death skulls clann i got a bit a money and a good hand its just what to buy and tactics

Coasty
12-10-2008, 07:23
Boyz, boyz and more boyz. And a Boss, obviously. Mostly boyz, though.

Khorne warrior
12-10-2008, 07:36
Yeah, you cannot win without boyz. If you want, buy the new Assault on Black Reach and trade the marine component to a friend for more boyz.

Kelpi
12-10-2008, 07:53
I was going to say Black Reach x2 but I was beaten to it so I would recommend a couple of boxes of Lootas and another box of Boyz so you can have a Burnas squad, a Lootas squad and some extra heavy weapons.

After that a Trukk.

Colonel Kolm
12-10-2008, 08:10
get boyz(i have 60 and i still feel like i lack boyz). after boyz id get some lootas they give you ranged firepower that is very useful. id also go with more boyz and stick them in a trukk, or 2 trukks if yuo want 2 mobile units that can assault very fast. id als strongly suggest a mob or 2 of bikes, ive found them to be a great unit and a real asset to an ork army. mind you of course a boss or 2 is always good as well, i run a warboss and a big mek as i like vehicles in my army and a mobile ork horde is a wonderfully destructive thing. beyond boyz and lootas though it all comes down to what kind of ork army you want. do you want a boyz horde, do you want a uber mobile trukk boyz with bikes and deff coptas, or do you want a mix of both?

Moriarty
12-10-2008, 09:47
Fantasy Orks + spare weapon arms from Boyz Mob = more Boyz for your buck.

ChrisMurray
12-10-2008, 12:42
I agree boyz, lots of them. If you have the cash, get "Da Green Tide". It gives you 100 boyz and a warboss, all for only 100. (If you can, I'd say get 2!!)

the1stpip
12-10-2008, 13:09
As above.

If you want to go with Death Skulls, then do it. It isnt really going to affect what you choose, just your desire to paint it.

I chosee Blood Axes, cos they are sneaky gits, and I wanted lots of looted Imperial Vehicles in my army (like stripped down Chimeras for trukks, etc).

lachlin
13-10-2008, 13:37
If you want to do a themed Deathskull list, the example in the ork codex of the mek boy army is a pretty good example. Lots of lootas, kans and dreads as troop choices as well as a butt load of boyz.

Bombshell
13-10-2008, 13:47
Lots of people say that the assault on black reach is a good box set to start orks with.

Mercer
13-10-2008, 13:49
Lots of boyz as they're really cheap in pts. I would get a battle force, a boss, nobz & another box of boyz. That way you can make two units of boyz, trukk with boss and nobz with the bikers for support. Nice small force, I reckon about 600-800 pts.

Good luck.

Mercer

Leman Russ
13-10-2008, 13:54
Having just asked an Ork player nearby (never below arms reach of course) he gives the following advice.

"Get da boyz wiv yoo and giv dem lotz of dakka and pointy fings, den get sum mor dakka wiv da red trukkz to get yoo dere fast like so yoo can bash dem 'umies 'eds in"

So, um... more boyz?