PDA

View Full Version : Team Building Excercise

Eternus
13-10-2008, 11:08
Ok, so I'm just getting back into Blood Bowl after a severe bout of nostalgia, for which the only remedy is to dust off the old teams and dismember someone.

Downloaded the LRB5 - looks pretty good. Much better than the LRB4 I think. Anyhow, the question is this. Is it correct that the only way you can permanently add players to the team after the league has started is by hiring Journeymen that have come in to make up the numbers due to injuries on the team? If so, as Journeymen are always the most basic players on the roster, does this mean that people are maxing out on special players like Blitzers and Catchers etc when creating the team, as these can't be added later on, unless hired as mercenaries match by match?

EmperorNorton
13-10-2008, 11:47
No, you are not restricted to hiring Journeyman. You can buy players normally (see page 29, subsection 5).

Eternus
13-10-2008, 12:33
No, you are not restricted to hiring Journeyman. You can buy players normally (see page 29, subsection 5).

Oops. Silly me.

Mental note to read all the text before making daft posts - See rule 1 of section 1, Posting For Dummies 101: If query can be resolved in a single post of less than 30 words, it probably didn't need to be asked.

Thanks for the help anyhow!

guillaume
14-10-2008, 00:48
journeyman are just really useful because they don't cost you to hire. But you have to fire them after the game. Just dont score with them, otherwise, you'll be losing experience points.

Cirrus the Blue
15-10-2008, 04:38
It leaves teams missing 8 or so guys to be able to always field 11 and stand a shread of a chance at victory instead of getting clobbered in a 2-1 ratio as it used to be back in LRB4. :)

- Cirrus

Darkson
15-10-2008, 19:33
journeyman are just really useful because they don't cost you to hire. But you have to fire them after the game. Just dont score with them, otherwise, you'll be losing experience points.

Not completely correct. You can hire the journeymen in the post-game sequence, for their normal cost, in which case they lose Loner, and keep any SPP/skills they earnt in that game. I had a jounrneyman Dark Elf score 2 Cas, 2 TDs and a Comp, and get the MVP. So glad when I won enough to buy him, as he gained +ST and Block.