PDA

View Full Version : Something completely useless but incredibly 40k ish.

Cheesolith
13-10-2008, 21:11
Tank bayonets! There's pretty much nothing you could possibly do with them considering that you have walkers but there's alot innate awesomeness in driving past an emeny tank and sawing their turret off. Rulewise they could give a vehicle a basic attack against other vehicles and monstrous creatures in CC and model wise they would just look cool. Thoughts?

Maidel
13-10-2008, 21:15
How would it work? Are you thinking like chariot scythes?

IF you want t saw off the turret you are lookin at one seriously HUGE blade and it would effectively be a titan close combat weapon.

Cheesolith
13-10-2008, 21:20
Nope, just a huge chainsaw attached to the barrel of the vehicle. Think the Lancer from Gears of War, only 20 times bigger and mounted on a Leman Russ chassis.

PotatoLegs
13-10-2008, 21:28
That would be amazing :D

Make it happen

Mighty Moose
13-10-2008, 21:33
Sponsoon mounted (mega-sized)Chainswords? Sounds menacing.

Maidel
13-10-2008, 21:33
Personally, unless its an orc vehicle (in which case, go ahead) i think it would look damn silly.

MajorWesJanson
13-10-2008, 21:42
Co-ax mount power weapon?

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
13-10-2008, 21:44
Chaos predators anyone? :D

RexTalon
13-10-2008, 22:00
Your idea < Mine Flail

Galvatron
13-10-2008, 23:11
Mine flails are in my opinion way cooler. Tank Bayonets seem kind of... silly... orkishly silly.

For chewing through infantry I can't think of something cooler than a mine flail.

Malphax
13-10-2008, 23:24
In the 3.5 Chaos Space Marine Codex, if you dedicated a vehicle to Khorne, for 25pts you could get bayonets on your tank. Bayonets on your Dreadnoughts, too!

Really though, adding pointy things is a very chaosy thing to do, so it's not unusual. Also, this picture.

AfroCelt
13-10-2008, 23:38
I call deffrolla here...we orkses already have dem gubbinz.

devik
14-10-2008, 00:40
Personally, unless its an orc vehicle (in which case, go ahead) i think it would look damn silly.

My precise thoughts... :D

devik
14-10-2008, 00:46
For chewing through infantry I can't think of something cooler than a mine flail.

Damn cool, yeah, but also not all that useful in real life.

Of course, 40k =/= real life.

Have you been playing Company of Heroes? :D

Rabid Bunny 666
14-10-2008, 00:50
Look at the Chaos Rhine, the combi Bolter has a Bayonet on it :D

I can just see an Ork looted basilisk with a mace strapped on the very tip of the earthshaker cannon :D

devik
14-10-2008, 00:54
I can just see an Ork looted basilisk with a mace strapped on the very tip of the earthshaker cannon :D

...I have something to add to my looted bassie...

it's already covered in spines and spikes and various weapons...

but this is even better...

MADJAP77
14-10-2008, 01:04
That is the greatest pic ever Malphax.

arch_inquisitor
14-10-2008, 01:21
How about a large servo arm thing with a saw blade on the end you could use the DCCW rules for it.

devik
14-10-2008, 01:22
How about a large servo arm thing with a saw blade on the end you could use the DCCW rules for it.

I LOVE IT! :D :D :D

Feor
14-10-2008, 01:30
Courtesy of The 213 things skippy is no longer aloud to do in the army (www.skippyslist.com)

101. I am not allowed to mount a bayonet on a crew-served weapon.
Tanks = weapons with crews (and tracks) therefore, sorry, SOL.

Not that orks follow such rules. Plus they've already got Wrekkin' Balls.

max the dog
14-10-2008, 01:30
I'm not sure how it would work in game play but I'm pretty sure it could make for a very interesting model.

==Me==
14-10-2008, 04:13
It sounds dead Orky, I think I have to revisit ==My== Looted Vindicator.

Imperialis_Dominatus
14-10-2008, 08:15
Want.

Make it happen.

Firstborn
14-10-2008, 09:58

Bombards already have servo arms. Does that mean my tanks now have CCWs? :D

Bombard Servo arm! (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/bombard12store.jpg)

TheOverlord
14-10-2008, 10:12
But Chaos tanks already have this!

We have bayonets on our sponson mounted Combi Bolters. Like... what am I supposed to bayonet with it?

-edit- http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53968&page=2

Drive me closa, me wants to smash dem wit' me tank choppa!

Templar Ben
14-10-2008, 13:23
Actually you never know, GW could allow for some future weapon like prow ram which gives +2 to ramming damage.

Firstborn
14-10-2008, 13:31
I find it highly difficult to believe that in the figure we scrap all the highly advanced weaponry we are developing today (rail guns etc) and beat each other up with giant metal fists. I would find it even more unlikely that we attach ramming devices to the front of our vehicles. That's just silly. My vehicle has a gun. The more time I spend ramming people the less time I am spending doing my job of shooting them.

Adra
14-10-2008, 13:36
Seriously, if there is a tank gun out there without a blade on it i dont wanna see it.

Everyone knows that putting blades on things makes them better. For a start it gives them an entire new use as a bonus to its original use. How can such a thing be bad? It cant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbdc24OF1QU

Quad Erat Demonstrandum

MajorWesJanson
14-10-2008, 13:42
Katanas can cut through tanks. of course you want one on your tank, at the least to block an enemy tank katana.

Chem-Dog
14-10-2008, 13:49
Everyone knows that putting blades on things makes them better.

QFT

Rule of Cool trumps the concepts of Useful and Practical :D

Although the idea (which is cool) is not without merit, a turret weapon usually extends beyond the hull of the vehicle SO, a big choppy chainblade type attachment could be affixed to aid a vehicle to break through terrain such as dense trees or even buildings.
Could be a neat little representation of "Rough Terrain Modification", especially in a urban warfare themed army. Might be useful as a ramming bonus but not by a great degree.

Firstborn
14-10-2008, 13:52
A blade? To cut through trees and buildings?

Ok, assuming you have one, and assuming it doesn't snap when you try and cut through a tree. That tree then falls on your tank, damaging your barrel, rendering your vehicle useless. Wasn't such a great idea, was it.

As to buildings, a tank will drive directly through almost anything short of steel reinforced concrete, so long as you turn the turret backwards and drive at the wall at 90 degrees (so as now to damage the tracks).

Coasty
14-10-2008, 14:48
As to buildings, a tank will drive directly through almost anything short of steel reinforced concrete, so long as you turn the turret backwards and drive at the wall at 90 degrees (so as now to damage the tracks).

Remember to beware cellars. It's happened before, y'know...

Firstborn
14-10-2008, 15:22
Made me laugh, anyway. :)

Cheesolith
14-10-2008, 20:57
A blade? To cut through trees and buildings?

Ok, assuming you have one, and assuming it doesn't snap when you try and cut through a tree. That tree then falls on your tank, damaging your barrel, rendering your vehicle useless. Wasn't such a great idea, was it.

Sawblades in 40k don't break unless they hit plot armor and vehicles don't get damaged by the enviroment as long as it isn't marked dangerous. Unless they are on a deathworld where the grass is sharp enough to cut tank threads to little pieces of scrap and the vehicles would be immobilized long before they reach the treeline anyway.