PDA

View Full Version : Starter Chaos army, 1000 pts

Thalandor
14-10-2008, 00:47
Hey all, here's a list I was planning to do to start a chaos army. I based the point costs on the rumors forums.

Exalted Champion: 180 pts
Mark of Khorne, Shield, juggernaught

12 Warriors: 222 pts
Shields, full command

12 Warriors: 222 pts
Shield, full command

10 Hounds: 60 pts

10 Hounds: 60 pts

5 knights: 250 pts
Full command (should I ?)

So, will I get utterly destroyed by the lack of numbers ? I'm not much on marauders because the models are ugly.

I'm not sure I should go for the jugg, but it seems to be such a deal for that kind of mount. Better than taking axe of knorne which cost 45 pts... I hesitate about taking hounds, their Ld 5 and lack of armour means they won't survive to see battle. Even as a screening unit, I think they'd suck. What's a good use for them ? Should I run them in 1 group of 20 ?

Thanks for your help.

Thalandor
14-10-2008, 17:38
*bump* *bump*

Crispian25
14-10-2008, 18:02
I would actually recommend 4 units of 5 hounds. Your opponent needs to kill 2 in a unit of 5 to force panic, but only 3 for a unit of ten, then bye-bye doggies. And they're core choices, so it's not like you're losing any slots that could be used by stronger things. I always take full command, so I recommend it. I don't know about the new rules, but under the old rules, you had to take a unit with a certain mark to take a character with that mark, for example, you would need a unit with MoK to put that mark on your character.

If it were me, I'd also dump the knights for a sorcerer and a unit of Marauder horsemen.

akgaroth
14-10-2008, 21:50
Hounds aren't meant to see battle!
And yes, it's better to take units of 5 hounds. 2 units are ok
With the remaining points you could take some reliable unit like spawns and/or give to your champion some tools, maybe "bloodcurdling roar" (since your army lacks units that can take down heavy armoured troops).