PDA

View Full Version : Another Wave of Horses: 2.5Kpts all-mounted Knight army

BrianGeneral
14-10-2008, 14:36
In addition to my Chaos one, I'll also consider about using Bretonnia. Please give C&C as usual.

Lord
Bretonnian Lord /w Grail Vow, Virtue of Confidence, Sword of the Lady's Champion, the Grail Shield-259pts

Heroes
Paladin /w Questing Vow, Armour of Agilulf, Lance of Artois-132pts
2x Damsel /w 2 Dispel Scrolls, Barbed Warhorse-134pts*2=268pts

Core
3x 9 Knights of the Realm /w Musician, Standard-240pts*3=720pts

Special
2x 9 Mounted Geomen /w Musician-142pts*2=284pts
8 Questing Knight /w Musician, Standard, Banner of Chalons-261pts

Rare
8 Grail Knights /w Musician, Standard-334pts

Total: 2498pts

When compared with teh Chaos list as shown in another thread, which is better as a Mounted army?

Malorian
14-10-2008, 15:36
The lord isn't exactly effective for his points. I'd think about changing him or trading him for another unit of knights.

A lance on someone with the questing vow? Tisk tisk ; )

I find that in all knight bret lists that you don't need magic defense. You are currently spending 268 points on magic defense, but do you really think that your opponent will really be killing 11 knights of the realm before you charge him on turn two?

Those are large mounted yeomen units. They don't get the lance formation do they?

Grail knights eh?... I really don't think they are worth it. They die just as easily as a regular knight and so your opponent is going to be shooting everything at them. I wouldn't recommend them.

Lord Dan
14-10-2008, 16:19
Throw the gauntlet of the duel on your lord, and give him the lance of artois instead of the questing paladin who can't have it. Now you have a nasty, nasty character killer.

I don't see your BSB?

That's a lot of Yeomen. :eek: Drop them down to about 5 or 6 each, as having that many is just soaking up points you could use elsewhere.

Drop the Grail Knights to 5. They really don't need lance formation. Or a rank. You've also saved 150 points.

BrianGeneral
15-10-2008, 13:06
Revised.

Lord
Bretonnian Lord /w Grail Vow, Virtue of Confidence, Lance of Artois, the Grail Shield, Ganulet of Duel-254pts

Heroes
Paladin /w Questing Vow, Armour of Agilulf, Morning Star of Fracasse on horse-132pts
Paladin /w Army Standard on horse, Virtue of Heroism-114pts

Core
5x 9 Knights of the Realm /w Musician, Standard-240pts*5=1200pts

Special
2x 5 Mounted Geomen-75pts*2=150pts

Rare
7 Grail Knights /w Musician, Standard-296pts

Total: 2482pts
62 Knights
10 Light Calvary

Got some points as leftover.
Is this list better than before?

Lord Dan
15-10-2008, 16:40
I like this one a lot better. The tidal wave of KoTR is a nice touch. I would still drop 2 Grail Knights and take a damsel to put into the lord's unit for the MR.

Nice work.

Malorian
15-10-2008, 17:50
Still with the super expensive lord eh? Well, I hope it works out for you.

The normal build for a bret BSB is warbanner and virtue of duty.

Wow... that's a lot of knights. You should smash them for sure ; )

BrianGeneral
17-10-2008, 12:50
After I discussed with some local friends, I decide to amend the list as follows:

Lord
Bretonnian Lord /w Grail Vow, Virtue of Confidence, Lance of Artois, the Grail Shield, Ganulet of Duel-254pts (Join the Grail Knights)

Heroes
Paladin /w Questing Vow, Armour of Agilulf, Morning Star of Fracasse on horse-132pts (Join the Questing Knights)
Paladin /w Army Standard (War Banner) on horse, Virtue of Heroism-139pts (Join the Errants)

Core
5x 9 Knights of the Realm /w Musician, Standard-240pts*5=1200pts
8 Knights Errant /w Musician, Standard, Errantary Banner-181pts

Special

Rare
5 Grail Knights /w Musician, Standard-220pts

Total: 2482pts
69 Knights

Should I stick with this list or the one before?

Nighthawke
17-10-2008, 12:57
is your lord for dueling? if so make him lord or the re rolls
also how come you dont have any pegasus knights? id drop the questing knights for a few
also take duty if thats the one that give you +1 combat res