PDA

View Full Version : inbrickquitor?

Ranger S2H
14-10-2008, 17:26
I tried something new this week: as I dont (yet) have access to 54 mm figures, I tried to use my collection of Lego bricks to play a simple scenario with my collection of idiots and ******(more commonly known as brothers).
suprisingly, it turned out rather well, with the minifigs having advantages as being able to switch weapons, change stance, and the ability to tear them apart when killed :-P. another advantage was that all our personal figures already had a background from years of playing with them(they kinda grew up with us), which meant all we had to do is decide the stats and what brickweapons represented what 40k-weapons. I am now preparing a campaign using the rules from hivequake in newpitt.

what do you think? I'd like to hear some questions and comments from other players.

arch_inquisitor
14-10-2008, 21:47
Nifty idea considering how horrendously over priced the inquisitor range is. Their are even websites that have 40k brick constructs. Just do a google search of Warhammer 40k + Lego.

Ranger S2H
15-10-2008, 11:35
I used to play a game called brikwars, which is what got me into wargaming in the first place(it started off as a way to show my brother I wasnt joking when i said i had the superior army). it emphasises on the fact that theyre plastic toys fighting eachother for the amusement of bloodthirsty human gods.

unlike 40k, it doesnt take itself serious, which means if you can get it right, youll laugh yourself to death before the game ends. for example, a hero is a unit with a huge ego that can perform stupendous feats like jumping on a building 3 storys high, dodging bullets matrix style, and getting his allies to take a bullet for him (voluntarily or not!). but if he fails the roll off required, the players should try to make it as fun as possible. so if a hero declares a stupendous feat to jump from the ground onto a bridge, and he fails the roll off, you could let him bump his head on the bottom of the bridge, fall back down, land in a pile of thrash that wasnt there before, and spent the next d6 turns trying to get a trashcan of his head!

quote: a minifig is your common trooper, with a nice smile on his plastic face. but dont let his appearance fool you! hell carve your hart out if he thinks he can get away with it. which makes perfect sense, as an average size human hart could feed his plastic village for months!

for the interested, the rules can be read on www.brikwars.com

I'm now trying to get some of this plastic attitude in inquisitor. example: any character can use his actions to put bricks together, but when he makes some sort of machine or equipment, hell have to pass a sagacity test to get it to work. for weapons, the amount he passed the test by will decide what the weapon would count as.

kryptt
17-10-2008, 20:48
That sounds pretty neat. Do you have any pixs of your =I= lego games or the brick one?