PDA

View Full Version : 2500 pts High Elves

MEanBOb12
14-10-2008, 21:52
This is a friendly list I put together, but I haven't had much success (you'll notice the core) against my normal opponents: Orcs( just a ton of them w/ some supporting goblin units), Daemons (enough said), and Dwarfs (lots of guns, some combat). I have $100 in the bank for minis so i need some opinions on where and how to expand to 3000pts and make this list more competitive. I'm not a fan of heavy cavalry, so I'm not even considering dragon princes an option.

So here it is:

High Elves……2500pts

Prince
Armour of Caledor
The White Sword
Guardian Phoenix
240pts

Mage
Level 2
Jewel of the Dusk
The Seerstaff of Saphery
180pts
(w/ fire lore)

Mage
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
Silver Wand
185pts
(w/ high lore)

Core

21 Spearmen
Full Command
214pts
(Fire/metal mage here)

21 Spearmen
Full Command
214pts

12 Archers
Musician
137pts
(High lore mage here)
12 Archers
Musician
137pts

Special

20 Phoenix Guard
Full Command
The Skeinsliver
355pts
(I love these guys, durability in an elf list, also a possible place for the lord to give them some hitting power)

14 White Lions
Full Command
Gem of Courage
250pts
(can't go wrong with lions)

5 Ellyrian Reavers
Musician
112pts
(paired with one spearmen unit)

6 Silver Helms
Shields
Musician
146pts
(paired with the other spearmen unit)

Rare

Repeater Bolt Thrower
100pts

Repeater Bolt Thrower
100pts

Great Eagle
50pts

Great Eagle
50pts

Currently I have an extra lion chariot and 5 sword masters.

Also a general question. Where do you guys generally put your mages, core or elite?

Thanks

MEanBOb12
15-10-2008, 02:26
anyone at all?

Lord Dan
15-10-2008, 03:17
I actually like the list. I can't find anything I would call wrong with it, so I won't pretend I have something. Can you explain your strategy against your opponents and some rough sketeches of their lists? Other than the fact that your army isn't OTT, I can't see why it would do poorly.

Your mage setup is how I would do it, depending on circumstances. Sometimes I'd throw them out in some woods to ward flankers and skirmishers off, and generally cause havoc.

MEanBOb12
15-10-2008, 19:25
Well thinking about it now, I've done poorly due to a combination of bad luck, dwarves being dwarves, and stupid mistakes.

My dwarven opponent has 4 warmachines, 2 cannons, and 2 organ guns along with 30 thunderers, and two large blocks of warriors. Pretty standard. I get blown to bits and, with a bit of lucky rolling, he forces me to go block to block against his armor toughness and leadership.

Orks i have a tough time against since my oppenent fields 30 man blocks of orcs and goblins, along with trolls, and 4 units of spider riders. His army pretty much fills his zone. I usually survive the first onslaught, but the second time around I'm usually not so lucky.

Daemons, are well daemons.

WhiteKnight
16-10-2008, 04:59
Well the fire lore mage cant have the seerstaff and jewel of the dusk. Both are arcane. With lore of fire, get seerstaff and a power stone for some help with magic. Against dwarves, I would prefer having the 2 mages with Lore of Heavens and trying to get celestial shield. They may be sacrificing the magic attacks, you're protecting your units until its necessary. Two mages, one casting it on the white lions giving them uber missile attack defence, and one on a unit of spearmen.

Gethostar
16-10-2008, 19:40
I put my mages at archers and at elites

My previous list contained 3 mage well 1 at swordmasters, 1 at White Lions and one at a unit archers... Was vs DE and they didn't reach my half of the tabletop :P But enought about that...

I don't see the point of keeping the fast cav with the archers... Protecting flanks use?
Cause it is fast cav... In my eyes it has 2 options...
1. He shoots at them... Again a turn save for the other and more important troops...
2. He let them do their thing with in mind they don't harm me and you take out warmachines and mages with them and afterall you can use them after that for flank/rear bonus...

Anyway that is how I use them and I play WE and HE (but more WE, 4 years WE and 1 year HE...)

MEanBOb12
17-10-2008, 02:42
Stupid me about the mage. And I never did consider heavens against dwarves. My fast cav are not paired with the archers, they are with the spearmen.

Thanks for your replies.