PDA

View Full Version : New Book, Monster Army

Tsen
15-10-2008, 01:30
So I had the chance to sit down at my local GW and read the knew book a bit, and etched out a basic idea for a monster army.

Lord Lightning Rod (Suneater I thinks, The Shaggoth Character)

Captain Pukesalot (Troll Hero, with mad vomit attack)

5 Trolls

5 Trolls

4 Trolls (The Captains Unit)

2 Shaggoths with GW

Woot 18 models total in 2k.

The army isnt really intended to be very competitive just fun. Lots of modelling room here, and with so few models I can spend alot more time on each model and still get the army done in a reasonable time frame. Lord Lightning Rod is possibly the koolest thing in the new book, I love shaggoths and now they have a character, and hes just plain awsome, hes the only reason I want to play chaos. Either way just figured I throw this up here to see what people think.

soultaker87
15-10-2008, 15:14
sadly I have not read the new book yet so I don't know if your trolls will suffer from stupidity, but other than that I think it would be a fun army to play and to model, especially three shaggoths :D

Concilliator
15-10-2008, 15:18
definitely sounds like a cool theme ! --- I like the idea of a troll army.

Archon.42
15-10-2008, 17:52
they do suffer from stupidity
but they get to use the troll kings ld
which is like 8 or 9 i think:P

soultaker87
15-10-2008, 18:33
ah, thanks for the info Archon.42 that is what I was wondering.

Kalec
15-10-2008, 23:13
They get to use the troll kings ld (8) when they are within 12" of him, so he doesn't make them any better then an ld 8 general and a bsb would. His real power is being a BSB and a general, and making the trolls core. The leadership boost is nothing special compared to what other characters can offer.

Dead Man Walking
16-10-2008, 03:30
The advantage to his leadership bonuses is that you can wiegh down one end of the table in trolls and this character and put your general on the other end with the rest of the army and keep a good leadership across your entire front. That and your trolls dont have to be tied to your generals leadership as a crutch. Gives you some freedom. He effectively doubles your actual BSB range too.