10 Warriors, Great weapon
100 points

Grudgethrower, RoAccuracy
105 points

2x Bolt Thrower, Engineer
120 points

Organ Gun
120 points

So i think myself that it is quite balanced. But should i combine the 10 and 15 warriors units for one 20 man unit with hand weapon and shield, and spend th rest for upgrading (shields for thunderers, some runes of burning etc)

Thanks for reading

gortexgunnerson
15-10-2008, 15:11
I wouldn't bother with the master rune of gromril on the runesmith and definately not the sheild. Give him a GW, gromril armour and a rune of stone. That give him a 3+ save and 2 Str6 attacks. Spend the points on somthig else.

Dragon slayer is looking a little lonely, with the 7th ed rules on targetting characters he's a bit soft to run about without gettting pincushioned. I think the time of the lone slayer is over till new rules are out. He's just oo much of a target for magic missile etc.

I would drop the unit of 15 warriors for a cannon with forging. I think units should be 10 with GW or 20 with hand weapon and shield and go for static resolution.

If you grop the 15 man and the slayer and the rune of gromril you have around 220 points to play with. Consider a cannon or a unit of crossbowmen with sheilds. I believe these are better per point then thunderers as they have longer range and are considerable cheaper. Use stone thrower, organ gun, bolt throwers etc on tough enemies. for the missle troops you need numbers to whittle targets down. They are great for shooting down things you dont want to waste artillery on and have a greater range of targets due to longer range, My friend always shoots off the artillery crew on opposing warmachines with surprising regularity

TonyFlow
15-10-2008, 15:36
Here is a revised list... I would like to point out, that the shield on the Runesmith was a typo, and obviously was suppposed to be a GW.
This isnt too much shooting for a 1500 points army? And although there are enough troops, they do seriously lack any punch. The dragon slayer was supposed to be for warmachine protection/skirmisher hunting, but you are probably right, that he isnt worth it and will be killed in a way not honourable for a slayer. I know x-bows are cheaper and have longer range, but the +1 to hit and amour piercing does it for me, thunderers hit and kill more than quarrellers. And i love the models.
Well all in all, i do think that by keeping everything at a minimum, there will be enough troops to hold the enemy and enough shooting to whitle them down.

General: Thane
MRoSwiftness, RoCleavin, RoFury, RoStone, Shield
142 points

Runesmith
RoStone, RoSpellbreaking, GW
124 points

19 Long Beards, HW, Shield, FC
253 points

19 Warriors, HW, Shield, FC
196 points

10 Thunderers
140 points