PDA

View Full Version : vows and units

Nighthawke
15-10-2008, 18:07
im just checking, but can i put a lord with the grail vow in a normal unit of knights?
as the way it reads seems that i can, i just cant have a lord with the knights vow join a unit with the grail vow

Griefbringer
15-10-2008, 18:53
I don't see anything in the book stopping you.

However, keep in mind that the immunity to psychology from the grail vow (or other effects) will not transfer to the unit.

Malorian
15-10-2008, 18:54
That exactly how it works. You can be in an equal or lower vow, but not a higher one.

Back when great weapons were +2 str when mounted I loved the idea of a questing paladin in my units of KoTR and KE to add punch after the initial charge.

apbevan
15-10-2008, 20:28
That exactly how it works. You can be in an equal or lower vow, but not a higher one. you are correct and the original poster is correct but your wording is very misleading.

Any character with a vow equal to or Higher than the units vow can join it.
No additional character may join unless its the same vow as the first.

Damsels are an exception as they can join any unit.

Malorian
15-10-2008, 20:51
Where does it say that?

I can see no reason why a grail paladin and a questing paladin can not both join a unit of knight of the realm.

Lord Dan
16-10-2008, 05:23
I believe, Malorian, he was trying to say that a character with a vow that is "lower" than the unit he is joining is not allowed. For instance, a Paladin with the Questing Vow joining a unit of Grail Knights.

It's exactly what you said, just specified.

ehlijen
16-10-2008, 06:56
Basically:

You must be at least this vowed to ride with this unit :D

But apbevan actually said something else which is, as far as I can tell, not correct. What other characters have already joined the unit is immaterial what vow a character needs to join.

apbevan
16-10-2008, 18:06
Indeed it appears I have miss read it.