PDA

View Full Version : BFG, Necromunda and Blood bowl...any rulebook?

Lord Malorne
15-10-2008, 22:22
Now I know you can download them off the net, but do any of these games have current rulebooks?

Are there any plans to? do you play them?...why?

ankara halla
15-10-2008, 22:36
Uh, you can download the current rulebooks from the net, what's the question again? Or do you mean can you buy printed versions of the book that you can download from the net, that are current? Well, GW has sold them, but I've only bought the ones that came with the starter sets. I don't know how current they are or have been nor do I know if the current rules are sold in a printed version. Sorry.

As to do I play them, yes I do. I play them becouse they are great games, among the best GW has ever produced. I'm especially fond of BB and Necromunda.

Lord Malorne
15-10-2008, 22:40
Oh I just love reading a book and not computer text...its also good for reference during a game :).

neXus6
15-10-2008, 22:58
I understand exactly what you mean, a real book is so much better in every way than a pile of printed paper/reading off a screen.

The BFG rule book and expantion book are both avaliable on the GW website, they really good and as far as I know the online version is pretty much identical.

The Blood Bowl Handbook is only avaliable in the Blood Bowl starter box and is very different from the current downloadable rules, but personally I preffer the handbook, not only cause it's a real book but because the rules are fine and I feel most of the changes made under the "living rulebook" system have been utterly unnecessary. That is just me though I know people who swear by the LRB and hate the Handbook. :p

Necromunda...right you can buy the Necromunda:Underhive Rulebook from the GW site, but in all honesty it is a pretty dire book, they made a few minor rules changes then spewed out one of the worst books for typos and errors up to that point (Forgeworld:Apocalypse now holds the top spot for worst editing now though).

I would recomend if your wanting to get Necromunda try to buy the old hardback collected rulebook off Ebay, it gives you the background/gang/campagin book, the rulebook and the "Outlanders" expantion all in 1 hardback book.

Well that's what is avaliable and where to get them. Hope you find what your looking for and get enjoying some games.
:D

Lord Malorne
15-10-2008, 23:14
So only the BFG book could be considered current?

neXus6
15-10-2008, 23:24
Out of those 3 then yes, Mordheim and I think Inquisitor and Epic are avaliable too and are all pretty much the same as the PDFs as far as I know.

I think the Necromunda book is current and the same as the PDF...it's just a rubbish book in my opinion.
:p

Darkson
08-11-2008, 00:29
The Blood Bowl Handbook is only avaliable in the Blood Bowl starter box and is very different from the current downloadable rules, but personally I preffer the handbook, not only cause it's a real book but because the rules are fine and I feel most of the changes made under the "living rulebook" system have been utterly unnecessary. That is just me though I know people who swear by the LRB and hate the Handbook. :p

Depends where you get the box from. If you buy it from GW, the printed book will be the LRB 1.0 rules (the last printed version). If you buy from somewhere else (e.g. eBay) you;ll either get the LRB 1.0 version, or the original 3rd edition handbook, depending on how old it is.

Tbh, neither version is of any use.

Lord Malorne
08-11-2008, 00:36
I can't seem to find any books or pdf's f Necromunda stuff (outlanders?) besides the necromunda underhive book, anyone know where I can get the extra info?

Darkson
08-11-2008, 06:08
I thought the last Necro rulebook had all the Underhive rules in it (just not the gang rosters)? If not, eBay.