Mark of Nurgle
Great Weapons
Command

4 Dragon Ogres

3 Dragon Ogres

thoughts?

LION
16-10-2008, 16:08
:) I like the list & the presence of the other Dragon Ogres to back up the SunEater Theme. Big monsters and footblocks with Nurgle Soc's! If you can avoid getting flanked or baited it should make for an interesting style of game LION

--------------
Lions Weekly Bits Box Blitz Sponsored by ElfGlue
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165087 (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165087)

Kalec
16-10-2008, 22:04
Needs some fine-tuning.

Basic dragon ogres are not very cost-effective. They really need great weapons to deal damage. Also, never take a unit bigger then 3. They are too expensive to be unable to attack due to frontage issues. Dropping one will go a long way to buying great weapons for the other 6.

Those marauders will die in droves. You have enough hitting power in Kholek and the DOgres, so why not swap the great weapons for shields?

Drop stream of corruption from the first sorcerer. It just isn't worth it. Grab him a power familiar, and consider grabbing the other guy with a scroll a warrior familiar to take out enemy unit champs so your champ can always challenge the enemy character.

Incoming
17-10-2008, 01:50
Feels like too few blocks in my humble opinion.. But yeah I don't know your lists plan..

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
17-10-2008, 11:18
This army is crying out for M Cav- they are excellent and cheap as chips.Its a nurgle theme so give them flails-they will be outstanding flankers and great for wizard/war machine hunting.

War machines are a huge problem now that furies have flown the coop.

I agree with the other guy about the dragon ogres and the great weapons- _ I would make the Marauder units smaller too.

Kudos for taking Suneater though -he's mental.

Minus67
17-10-2008, 19:50
Thanks for the feed back. The plan is to use the big marauder blocks to create big anvil in the middle of the field and blast them with magic while advancing. Mostly picking off their charcters with the base spell and hopefully cast regenerate on the DO and the Suneater. With the MON on them they are actually fairly decent in combat. The only infantry in the game to hit them on a 3+ are Swordmasters and Chosen chaos warriors.

I only gave him the stream of corruption because i had 20 points left, a power familiar might be better. Also the MON makes the marauders better at surviving BS based shooting. And i think i need the unit to stay close to US 25 to help fight VC.

I though about putting in the Cav but the DO and the Shaggot move just as fast and the Suneater has a unlimited range lighting attack that hits on 2+ to help cap warmachines.

Kalec
17-10-2008, 23:15
Even if the marauders always get hit on 4+ in combat, they are still T3, armorless, and striking last. Even mere Empire swordsmen will get kills, and against stronger infantry (or, god forbid, cavalry or monsters) you will be lucky to have anyone except the champ get to attack. Your blocks are big, and they will shrink very fast.

Minus67
19-10-2008, 00:44
Empire Swordsmen=
4 attacks=2 hits =1 wounds
Their champ Vs. My sorceror on Palaquin= 2 attacks=1hit=less than 1 wound

Maraders= 3 attacks back= 2 hits= 2 wounds = 2 kills
Sorceror= 2 attacks=2 hits= 1 wound= 1 casualty
Palaquin= 6 attacks=2 hits+ 1 poison wound = 2 wounds=1 wound
(eye of the gods here i come)

Score: Empire= 1+ 3 ranks + banner
Marauders: 4+ 3 ranks+ banner+ out number

I win by 4 when they charge me, how is this bad again?

10 Empire Inner Circle Knights:

Knights:4 attack= 2 hits= 2 kills
Horses: 4 Attack=2 hits= 1 wound
Champ vs Sorceror= 2 attacks = 1 hit= 1 wound
Horse= 1 attack= should miss

Sorceror= 2 attacks= 2 hits= mostly likely 2 wound= no wounds
Palaquin= 6 attacks= 3 hits ( one is poison)= 2 wounds = very close to wound

Combat Res
Knights= 3 wounds + Rank + Banner= Draw
Marauders= 3 ranks+ Banner + Numbers= Draw

Heavy Cav charged me and i drew? Seems good to me.

Next Turn: Palaquin goes first in Challange, should kill champ
(eye of the gods here i come)
Knights: 4 attacks = 2 hits= 1 wound
Horses= 4 attacks= 2 hits=1 wound

Marauder Champ back= 2 attacks= 2 hits= 2 wounds= probably one dead

Combat Rez
Knights= 2 wounds+ rank+ standard=4
Marauders= 2 wounds+ 3 ranks+ standard+ numbers= 7

I win by 3, again i ask how this is bad?

Now, i dont think these marauders are invincible but the -1 to WS is very powerful and coupled with the GW will make them see off many opponents they should have little chance against.

The math had some simply rounding for ease of mind, but the idea remains the same

Kalec
19-10-2008, 01:38
Neither of those situations are very realistic, you know. A block of swordsmen going in unsupported against an equally slow infantry block with an expensive hero and no detachment? A unit of knights charging your slow infantry in the front when you have NOTHING to stop them from flanking you with ease? Not going to happen very often. And that completely ignores how more powerful cavalry with a hero (pretty much all of them) will beat you on the charge by quite a bit. Knights of the realm with a paladin BSB? Don't need to run any numbers to know you will be losing by a lot, even if they charge the front of your block without any extra support.