PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Tourney Daemons

==Me==
16-10-2008, 14:08
I can already tell this is going to be popular :p

Here's an idea I had for a tourney-style Daemon list.

Lords/Heroes
Bloodthirster-Dark Insanity, Immortal Fury
Herald of Tzeentch-chariot, Master of Sorcery
Herald of Tzeentch-master of sorcery
Core
Horrors-31, full command, Changeling, Icon of Sorcery
Horrors-10
Horrors-10
Special
Flesh Hounds-5
Flesh Hounds-5
Rare
Flamers-5
Flamers-4

Total-2240
Models-73
PD-11
DD-8

Basically, the HoT on foot goes with the big horror unit to make a huge magical anvil, the smaller Horror units protect flanks, grab table quarters, and generally be annoying, the BT and Hounds eat things in combat, the Flamers blow stuff away, and the chariot Herald supports as needed.

What do you think?

Malorian
16-10-2008, 15:55
Can flamers be as small as 4? If so then this looks fine and nasty.

DeathlessDraich
16-10-2008, 16:16
Minimum 3 Flamers.

1) All the Gifts are similar to the standard ones used, under the circumstances.

2) 2 obvious targets - the 2 units of 10 Horrors. At least 1 might be shot or magicked away by the end of turn 2.

3) Is Karanak included? His hatred and extra attacks makes quite a difference.

4) I'd rather not have a Tzeentch Herald on a chariot. Makes him yet another target.

5) 30 Horrors will act as an anvil of sorts but will wither away eventually. The real anvil of Daemon armies is the almost obligatory Nurgle Herald with Noxious vapours in a unit of Plaguebearers - their only bane being numerous Flaming attacks i.e Tzeentch!

EvC
16-10-2008, 16:41
You have no BSB. Daemon armies without BSB die very easily.

==Me==
16-10-2008, 17:37
I picked the Horrors to fit theme and to provide a level 3 mage to complement the mean Bloodthirster.

Karanak stays home as he's too expensive for this army :p

I can lose a Flamer to give the chariot Herald a Battle Standard. That makes him even better at breaking units from the flank or rear and with his speed he can support other units as needed. Would this be recommended?

blackjack
16-10-2008, 18:09
The BSB needs to sit with your horrors. A flying BSB will often be out of range of the units that need the reroll.

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
17-10-2008, 11:28
I really like 2 flying (chariots) tz heralds with choose spells- shadow, for the BloodThister-a-pult army, one has the bsb with a -2 Ld Banner. It lands 12" away from the intended target (non cav) reducing its Ld then 2 attempts at Unseen lurker from the heralds and a terror test at -2 possibly followed by a break test at -2.

This is highly circumstantial but it really puts a crimp in a fellas day when you do this in the first turn.

It also allows you to kill the opponents general-lose combat by 1 or 2 and not die from combat res induced W.

EvC
17-10-2008, 12:01
The BSB needs to sit with your horrors. A flying BSB will often be out of range of the units that need the reroll.

Or, in an actual game, the BSB can simply be flown to wherever he is needed the most, rather than stuck in a block of infantry that is doing its best to avoid being near combat.

Also LOL at the big block of casting Horrors being there to complement the theme alongside your Bloodthirster. Your army them is winning, right? :D

==Me==
17-10-2008, 12:11
Hey, they are the ultimate evil ;)

And yes, there is a theme. Khorne/Tzeentch and nothing else, which is why I didn't take Plaguebearers.

I think I will drop a Flamer for a flying BSB. Now, what about dropping a Horror and another Flamer for 5 Furies? Cheap flyers, march blockers, terror bombers, all that good stuff. Or should I just exchange a Horror for Daemonic Robes on the foot Herald?

kramplarv
17-10-2008, 12:19
I'd like to see an army whichs is fun for the opponent to play against ! :)

example; if you use composition scores, a fun/balanced army is around.. 11-15 in score.
your list has magnificient -4,99. just food for thoughts!! :)

EvC
17-10-2008, 12:26
5 Furies would be another excellent addition to the army.

kramplarv
17-10-2008, 12:32
yeah, for effectivity(spelling?) I'd say multiple chariots of tzeentch and the -2 LD banner. :)

==Me==
17-10-2008, 13:57
I neer said I wanted to win a popularity contest, just to make a solid list for a tourney. It isn't the strongest list out there (Kairos flying circus, PB anvil, Slaaneshi mindrape, or Khorne "you die now with 5 DD") but I think it should do ok.

I think I will take Furies. I'd be lacking in overall Flamers (I know, only 7 :p) but Furies have a lot going for them for so cheap.

Updated list
Lords/Heroes
Bloodthirster-Dark Insanity, Immortal Fury
Herald of Tzeentch-chariot, Master of Sorcery, BSB
Herald of Tzeentch-master of sorcery
Core
Horrors-30, full command, Changeling, Icon of Sorcery
Horrors-10
Horrors-10
Furies-5
Special
Flesh Hounds-5