PDA

View Full Version : The Infected

Nilhouse
16-10-2008, 14:15
A while ago people were throwing around ideas for a codex: zombies, or something like that. It inspired me to make my own, so here are the results.

A heads up, this army is not complete yet, and is intentionally designed to be vague so that it can be used to represent any number of zombie types, from the classic shamblers, to the fast 28 days later zombies, to a chaos infection, or whatever else.

Though I have not playtested it yet, it is mostly made for a narative campaign I am going to be running in a few weeks. I doubt it would be that competitive, and it doesn't have a lot of unit choices yet. I have written the rules to be as specific as possible to head off any confusion, so sorry if it is wordy. I didn't want to just make up units to fill in roles the army is lacking, I really wanted to keep with the zombie classics. Anyway, without further ado...

The Infected

Army Special Rules

Bloated: When the model with this rule is killed, before removing the model, place the the Small Blast Template with the center over the model’s base. Any enemy bases touched by the template suffers an automatic Poison Attack (4+) hit. A Primus Infected with this rule uses the Large Blast Template.

Dessicate: The Primus Infected counts as being armed with a single Force Weapon, and no other Close Combat Weapons.

Infection: Any time an model mounted on a 20mm or a 25mm base loses it’s last wound to a Poison Attack from a model with this special rule, add an Infected model to the unit which caused the wound. If the unit which caused the wound are not a unit of The Infected, then the new model may be added to any unit of The Infected, as long as a single member of the chosen The Infected unit is within 12” of the combat. Otherwise, the model is discarded. For each Infected added to an Infected unit in this way, the enemy unit which suffered the casualty counts as having lost an additional member of their squad for the purpose of morale. This special rule may take The Infected above their maximum unit size. This rule is always in effect no matter what weapon is being used by the model that caused the wound.

Hulking: The model gains +2 Strength

Hypo-Contagious: The model gains Poison Attack (2+)

Primus Psychic Powers

Infectious Vomit: If a Psychic Powers check is passed, the Primus Infected may make a single shooting attack with the following profile.

Range Strength AP Special
Template 3 - Poison (4+)

Outbreak: If a Psychic Powers check is passed, pick any enemy unit that the Primus Infected has line of sight to at least one member of, and is within 24” of the Primus Infected. Every member of the unit takes Poison (6+) hit, and follows the normal rules for losing wounds due to Infection. Wounds caused by Outbreak do not allow for Armor Saves. This psychic power has no effect on vehicles. This psychic power can be used on a unit in Close Combat, and while the Primus Infected is in Close Combat.

Rupture: If a Psychic Powers check is passed, pick any one enemy model within 12” of the Primus, and in line of sight. That model must pass a toughness test or suffer one wound with no armor save. If this is the model’s last wound, the model that lost it’s wound is considered to have had the Bloated special rule. Follow the rules of Bloated before removing it from play.

HQ

Primus Infected – 95 Points

WS BS S T Wo I A Ld Sv
4 1 5 6 4 4 3 10 4+

Unit: 1 Primus Infected

Unit Type: Monstrous Creature (50mm)

Wargear: Natural Carapace (4+)

Options: The Primus Infected may upgrade his Armor to Improved Carapace, granting him a 3+ Armor Save for +15 points

The Primus Infected my be upgraded to have the Dessicate ability for +15 points

The Primus Infected may be upgraded to hypo-contagious for +20 points

The Primus Infected may purchase any number of Psychic Powers from the Primus Infected Psychic Powers list for +20 points each

The Primus Infected my upgraded to either Bloated or Hulking for +25 points, but not both

Rules: Fearless, Feel no Pain, Immortal Warrior, Infection, Poison Attacks (4+), Psycher

More to post in the next few minutes...

Nilhouse
16-10-2008, 14:22
The Infected 70 Points

WS BS S T Wo I A Ld Sv
2 1 3 4 1 1 1 10 -

Unit: 10 Infected members

Unit Type:Infantry (25mm)

Wargear: Various impliments or limbs (Counts as 1 Close Combat Weapon)

Every Infected in the unit may be given flak armor (5+) for +2 points each.

Options: Up to 20 additional Infected may be added to the unit for +7 points each.

One Infected my upgraded to a Bloated Infected for +15 points.

Rules:Fearless, Feel no Pain, Infection, Poison Attacks (6+), Rage, Slow and Purposeful, Without Number

Infected Remains 45 Points

WS BS S T Wo I A Ld Sv
2 1 3 4 3 1 3 10 -

Unit: 3 Piles of Infected Remains

Unit Type: Swarm (40mm)

Options: Up to 7 additional Infected Remains may be added to the unit for +15 points each.

Rules: Cannot Run, Fearless, Feel no Pain, Infection, Infiltrate, Poison Attacks (6+), Rage, Slow and Purposeful

Large Infected 60 Points

WS BS S T Wo I A Ld Sv
2 1 5 5 3 1 2 10 -

Unit: 3 Large Infected

Unit Type: Infantry (40mm)

Options: Up to 7 additional Large Infected may be added to the unit for +20 points each.

Any number of Large Infected may be upgraded to Hulking +10 points

Rules: Fearless, Feel no Pain, Infection, Poison Attacks (6+), Rage, Slow and Purposeful

Hypo-Infected 55 Points

WS BS S T Wo I A Ld Sv
3 1 3 4 1 3 2 10 -

Unit: 5 Hypo-Infected

Unit Type: Infantry (25mm)

Options: Up to 5 additional Hypo-Infected may be added to the unit for +11 points each

One Hypo-Infected in each Pack may be upgraded to hypo-contagious for +10 points

Rules: Fearless, Feel no Pain, Fleet of Foot, Furious Charge, Infection, Poison Attacks (4+), Rage

Infected Beasts 45 Points

WS BS S T Wo I A Ld Sv
2 1 3 4 1 3 1 10 -

Unit: 5 Infected Beasts

Unit Type: Beasts (40mm)

Wargear: Teeth (Counts as 1 Close Combat Weapon)

Options: Up to 5 additional Infected Beasts may be added to the unit for +9 points each.

One Infected Beast may be upgraded to have Rending for +10 points

Rules: Fearless, Feel no Pain, Fleet of Foot, Furious Charge, Infection, Poison Attacks (6+), Rage

Nilhouse
16-10-2008, 14:29
Alright, there it is! I hope people enjoy looking over it, and have some input for me on what they think. I'd love to hear ideas people have for how it could be made better, additions, or new units. In particular, I think some of the units are a bit undercosted, but it is so hard to say! Thanks in advance.