PDA

View Full Version : Striland goes to war again, Empire 2k

Pioneer
16-10-2008, 16:09
Empire Army of Stirland 2000p

Lord:

General of the Stirland Army 165p
Barded Warhorse, Full Plate Armor, Shield, Pistol, Sword of Might, Icon of Magnus

Heroes:

Warrior Priest of Sigmar 153p
Barded Warhorse, Heavy Armor, Great Weapon. Sigil of Sigmar, Doom-fire Ring

Wizard of the Celestial Order
Level 2, Lore of Heavens, Rod of Power, Wizard's Staff 140p

Wizard of the Jade Order
Level 2, Lore of Life, Dispel Scroll 125p

Core:

25 Spearmen of Striland 170p
Shields, Full Command
-Detachment: 5 Archers 40p
-Detachment: 9 Miltia Freemen 45p

10 Crossbowmen 80p

15 Flagellants 150p

10 Huntsmen 100p

5 Knights of the Blasing Sun 123p
Musician

Special:

6 Knights of the Blazing Sun 221p
Inner Circle, Full Command, Warbanner

Great Cannon 100p

Mortar 75p

5 Pistoliers 98p
Musician

Rare:
DoW Giant 205p

Total: 2000p

It's been hard to assemble an army of the style like the Stirland, but here's again a new list that I would take to tournaments. This List was made from a standard balanced empire list with some exceptions. Instead of Handgunner block we have the Huntsmen, instead of another Great Cannon we have the Pistoliers and instead of Steam Tank we have the Giant.

To ensure better survival of the giant I picked the life and heavens lores, incase if I roll Celestial Shield and/or Gift of Life as spells. If those don't come then there are still couple of good offensive spells to use...

The inner circle knights make a big hammer with both mounted charrs, but when working together with the rest of the cavarly units and the giant I think they will all work well...

Toughts? Anything I should change in this?
-Pioneer

Edit: Templar GM got the boot and the real leader of Stirland took his place. With the points left-over I got 5 Archers and 9 Miltia freemen to aid as detachments, thus Crossbowmen where taken as their own.

Malorian
16-10-2008, 17:06
You have 34% of your points in heros, and because of that you don't have a lot of troops. I'd rethink what you plan to actually get out of them as you might decide that another entire unit of unner circle knights is worth more than your general.

Pioneer
16-10-2008, 18:00
Any other choices for Lord? ? Maybe a normal General without the Laurels but with something else. I do have a Griffon general model too, but that's too pricy.

Malorian
16-10-2008, 19:45
Why take a lord at all? Empire excels through it's troops, not it's heros.

Pioneer
16-10-2008, 20:10
Why take a lord at all? Empire excels through it's troops, not it's heros.

True, but some better Ld is always needed...

Malorian
16-10-2008, 21:34
If that's what you are looking for then keep him cheap. Full plate, on a barded steed, and with a lance.

Done.

And I'm talking about a general here, not a grand master.

Pioneer
17-10-2008, 08:07
Thanks for the replys. General took his place as the leader of this army and opened more room for more infantry.

I'm pretty happy how things look now, I'll need to test this.

-Pioneer