PDA

View Full Version : How do you represent Daemonic Speed?

Osiris
16-11-2005, 00:07
How do you represent Daemonic Speed on your chaos lords. Any good ideas?

I'll soon be going nuts while trying to figure out how to convert this model right. The lucky speed freak is an IW lord, not statured.

The raptor backpack is for flying, and I wouldn't dream of fitting four legs onto a warsmiths torso...

I have thought of some sort of containers that sends hyper speed fluid into his legs, but I really need some help here... Please - all suggestions/experiences/pics/links are welcome!!! :D

Thanks

starlight
16-11-2005, 00:23
Comical? Wheels or rockets on his feet/lower legs.:p

Serious? A very dynamic pose could work. Supe-up the jetpack with extra power and such.

blitz589
16-11-2005, 00:26
I also play IWs and, And since they cut off mutations, and replace them with bionics, so i had this guitar string idea, but it never got done.

Psycho_Laughs
16-11-2005, 03:33
my dark apostle is going to have hooves to represent daemonic speed. regular marine legs in a dynamic pose, but i'm removing the feet and giving him hooves, from the vermin lord from the skaven range.

Skyth
16-11-2005, 03:37
www.angelfire.com/ca/skyth/AlphaLord.jpg

Note...Cut and paste into browser. Don't click on link.

This is my Alpha Legion lord.

violenceha
16-11-2005, 03:43
my slaaneshi daemon prince has daemonic speed, so it's a spider centaur type thing
depends on how big your lord is, sentinel legs perhaps?

Aurelien
16-11-2005, 03:46
For Iron warriors:

A set of tank tracks (like on teh back of ork bikers)

Mechanical horses legs (Just two, with the backwards ankle and raising him taller)

Giant pogo stick?

Mechanical snake piece replacing his lower torso?

Mechanical spider legs replacing his lower torso?

Thats all I have for now.

Adept
16-11-2005, 03:52
Give him gigantic genitals.

pyramid_head
16-11-2005, 06:58
Celerity, works for me and you don't even have to model it ;)

Osiris
16-11-2005, 09:58
Thanks for great suggestions!

Personally I think I prefer the more mechanical - less animalistic things. But those two mechanical horse legs could work, Aurelien :) Guitar strings, dynamic pose and some nasty extra power for the jetpack sounds really interesting. Clint: Not so sure about the genitals, though ;)

I'll think for some days, so keep posting :D

Osiris
16-11-2005, 10:20
Comical? Wheels or rockets on his feet/lower legs.:p

Wheels! :D
Rockets! :D

It's hilarious, but I bet someone actually could model something genious out of those suggestions!

Robot 2000
16-11-2005, 11:01
Some kind of long mechanical legs like sentinel legs would probably look cool . . . if you've got winter assault, think of how the sentinels move in that and come up with something ^^

hairyman
16-11-2005, 11:50
Give him gigantic genitals.

That would surely make him slow and purposeful......

Zark the Damned
16-11-2005, 11:54
How about giving him tracked rollerblades built into his feet, like Hammerstein from the ABC Warriors?

ScouserInExile
16-11-2005, 12:02
If he's IW, why not have massive pistons for thighs?

ArtificerArmour
16-11-2005, 12:59
i believe it was pete haines who put his iw lord on an ork buggy conversion.

Colonial Rifle
16-11-2005, 13:18
My Alpha Legion Lord has the lower body of a snake, which was sculpted (very easily) from greenstuff. Fluffy for my legion, but you could do the same and stick load of mechanical bits into the tail.

egregory1026
16-11-2005, 13:53
I play WE and used the bottom half of the mordheim centigor. For IW have you thought about usiung the track portion from the old tirantula or rapier support guns? It should be about the right scale and fit the mechanical theme.

Osiris
16-11-2005, 14:17
My Alpha Legion Lord has the lower body of a snake, which was sculpted (very easily) from greenstuff. Fluffy for my legion, but you could do the same and stick load of mechanical bits into the tail.

Something like the Necron wraiths? ... could be really good, I think...

ScouserInExile - try to explain, please...

The Ork Buggy convertion sounds like a fun idea - but none the less a big job I suppose - making it look chaotic - and not orkish anymore...

I'm not sure if I like the centigor/centaur for this, but that's just me...

Keep posting your ideas!

- Osiris

Flame Boy
16-11-2005, 17:59
I'm with ScouserInExile. I would advise biomechanical/bionic legs with pneumatic pistons... One giant gas-powered leap later, and your lord could be hewing limbs with ease.

TracerBullet
16-11-2005, 18:55
Using the tracks from an Ork Warbike (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120103005&orignav=9) was one of my ideas when we originally spoke, but the tracks from an Ork Wartrak (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120103001&orignav=10) or the old Skorcha trailer might work too. Trond might have some spares. At the very least, he's sure to have some models you can have alook at for size comparison etc.

using the Necron Wraith when is also an idea we touched upon, IIRC. I wonder about the bendability (if that's even a word) of the tail, but in the end that might not even be necessary. Use any of the Wraith tail and body parts, and the rest of the parts from that extencive IW bitsbox of yours.
(I even have one of the old Noisemarines cybernetic-looking heads if you want it. I think it'd fit pretty nicely on the Wraith body.)

The 'pneumatically assisted' legs is a very appealing idea, in theory. You'd end up with something very unique, if you can manage to pull it off. It'd require an enormous amount of modelling, though...

thanoson
17-11-2005, 16:13
Just paint a Nike stripe on his feet.

EVIL INC
18-11-2005, 00:37
I generally dont model it at all. I consider the speed to be "magical" so that like on the comic book hero the Flash, it just isnt visable.
My one commander model I use as either daemonic statured or daemonic sppeded. When using the speed option, I just say he has really long legs.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Littlemurphy/Picture084.jpg