PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch and Slaanesh 1k

Lordsaradain
16-10-2008, 18:25
Here's my Tzeentch/slaanesh themed daemon army. I have all the models painted and based and I tried out this army today against high elves and it went quite well. The only unit I had some problem with was my opponents dragon princes(as they are immune to all tzeentch shooting), but in the end I managed to destroy them with a lucky flickering fire from my herald. I managed to get gift of chaos with my tzeentch herald which was really sweet, my first turn I managed to target 4 enemy units within range thanks to him being mounted on a disk.

Anyway, I'm not sure about my daemonic gifts, prehaps master of sorcery would be better than power vortex, as lore of tzeentch can be abit unreliable for a herald, unless you get lucky when rolling for spells.

Or I could just drop power vortex for another screamer (I've got two spare that my list doesnt use). What do you guys think?

Herald of Slaanesh, Many Armed Monstrosity, Level 1

15 Daemonettes, Full Cmd

Herald of Tzeentch, Disk of Tzeentch, Power Vortex

10 Horrors

3 Screamers

6 Flamers, Pyrocaster

Kalec
16-10-2008, 22:09
I recommend reading the daemon FAQ.

Specifically, flickering fire is flaming (so it can't touch dragon rpinces) and master of sorcery does not work with the lore of tzeentch.

Dark14
16-10-2008, 23:48
very nice list actually use the screamers to knock off knights there awsome!(points to daemon record) they can make 5 units run in one turn if they hit them right ex skinks :P

Scelerat
17-10-2008, 00:11
Many Armed Monstrosity is far too expensive to be worth putting in a Herald. I'd substitute it with Siren Song (a classic yet really powerful if well played) and some other thing, such as Daemonic Robes or Allure of Slaanesh: anything that makes our squishy Slaanesh Heralds die less quickly. Also, why the Screamers? Maybe it's my Slaaneshi worshipper side, but I see very few things a Screamer could do that a Fiend couldn't do much better. But that may be just me...

Lordsaradain
17-10-2008, 11:42
I recommend reading the daemon FAQ.

Specifically, flickering fire is flaming (so it can't touch dragon rpinces) and master of sorcery does not work with the lore of tzeentch.

I am aware that master of sorcery does not work with lore of tzeenthc, that is why I'm unsure wheater to take it. I wasnt aware that flickering fire was in fact flaming as it is not specified in the book. The daemon FAQ is currently down, but if you say it is flaming I beleive you and I will appologize to my opponent for making the mistake.

Also, why the Screamers? Maybe it's my Slaaneshi worshipper side, but I see very few things a Screamer could do that a Fiend couldn't do much better. But that may be just me...

Because I already have flamers as rare, and I find screamers a pretty useful special choice when used right.

Many Armed Monstrosity is far too expensive to be worth putting in a Herald. I'd substitute it with Siren Song (a classic yet really powerful if well played) and some other thing, such as Daemonic Robes or Allure of Slaanesh: anything that makes our squishy Slaanesh Heralds die less quickly.

Well, I modelled my herald with 4 arms so I kinda want to stick by that. Hopefully with 6 S4 AP attacks and ASF I7 my herald will be able to kill any opponents before they kill her. Because my army has pretty much mobility anyway, I dont think I need siren song to destroy weak units by forcing them to charge me, I have my flamers and screamers to deal with such units.

Kalec
17-10-2008, 23:21
The way the book was written, master of sorcery could work with lore of tzeentch. Since you were unaware that flickering fire is flaming, I assumed you hadn't read the FAQ, and thought MoS worked with lore of tzeentch. It doesn't anymore, but it works amazingly well with lore of beasts. Always having access to cower is a godsend, and always having access to another spell if for some reason cower isn't very helpful is also a godsend.