PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pts WE army

Quintillius
16-10-2008, 19:40
heroes

waywatcher noble with hail of doom arrows and sword of a thousand winters 160 pts

lvl2 spellsinger with calaingors stave and murder of spites 175 pts

lvl2 spellsinger with ranus heartstone and glamourweave 175 pts
core

10 GG 120pts
10 GG + standard (aech banner of springtide) 157pts

special

5 wardancers 90 pts

rare

5 waywatchers 120 pts

lose: M SV MV D MV SV M win
2 2 0 1 0 2 22

it owns

Gethostar
16-10-2008, 20:04
To be honest I don't like it... But that is my opinion...

heroes

waywatcher noble with hail of doom arrows and sword of a thousand winters 160 pts
why a Waywatcher noble? he get's the rules but he is in the front and not really well protected... When you get a charge of let me say 5 Silver Helms or even a fast cav unit your noble is gone... So the points of the noble +100 VP for the general...

lvl2 spellsinger with calaingors stave and murder of spites 175 pts
WE magic ain't that good! So take protective magic, and if you want some magic a branchwraith is a good option!

lvl2 spellsinger with ranus heartstone and glamourweave 175 pts
Same as previous

core
10 GG 120pts
10 GG + standard (aech banner of springtide) 157pts
GG are good but don't put a standart in them! Waste of points!

Use Glade Riders fast cav is always handy!

WHERE ARE THE DRYADS!?!
Dryads is the best core unit in the game! 12 points for 2 str 4 att/dryad with T5 and Wsv 5+ if it isn't magic. Put them in units of 8 and if you have points over put a champ in it!

special

5 wardancers 90 pts
How are you gonna screan these? When you shoot at wardancer they die! They are good in CC but they need to get their!

rare

5 waywatchers 120 pts
Good but not on 1000 points out a treemen in him cut some in points (some mages gonne and treeman in. Treeman is pretty tough, I used 1 at 1500 point he cleaned up 2 unit knights and a steamtank! Pretty good for 1 treeman!

lose: M SV MV D MV SV M win
2 2 0 1 0 2 22

it owns

You got 33 models!
You got 51% of your points spend at Hero's way to many!

My opinion...

PS: play pretty long time WE and play tournaments with them in 2009 my second year...

Kalec
16-10-2008, 22:13
I agree with Geth, you have way too many points in heroes. Drop the two mages, change the noble to something more mobile or more protected. Grab some fast cavalry, and a unit of dryads would help quite a bit. Drop the standard from the gladeguard and probably grab another unit of them.

Quintillius
17-10-2008, 14:08
WE magic owns when i use treesinging i can cast it five times a turn, waywatcher + noble come in from behind and march blocks his army, the banner of the GG is only because then i can get Aech stand and shoot at half range owns. and by the way dryads are only T4. i screen my wardancers by placing tham inside a wood which i then treesing forward chances are one of my mages are gonna get eiher the hidden path or call of the hunt so that i can charge without getting shot to pieces. And seriously a unit of silverhelms wont survive two turns of killing blow shooting and a hail of doom arrows.

popisdead
17-10-2008, 18:48
two lvl 2's in 1000 pts is not smart. why not take some units?

The WW config isn't very good.

Take more Wardancers.

but if it's working. keep going with it.

Quintillius
17-10-2008, 21:27
thx popisdead cos it works for me and the advantage with 2 lvl2s is that i can dispel almost anything the opponent throws at me and pump out lots and lots of magic, and i do think the ww config works you wont be able to shoot them -3 to hit (skirmisher,soft cover, forest stalkers) + they have killing blow on short range and they pop up from behind and shoot knights to pieces with their hail of dooom arrows toting noble as a little bonus they have 2 HW

post scriptum i own with this list and yes i know its very compact but the magic and shooting i can pump out is amazing ive won 25 matches now and only lost 4

Quintillius
17-10-2008, 21:30
and yes getho star i now a treeman owns but a cannon and hes gone plus i like to be more subtle and less brutal

Kahadras
17-10-2008, 23:28
post scriptum i own with this list and yes i know its very compact but the magic and shooting i can pump out is amazing ive won 25 matches now and only lost 4

Well by posting it in army lists you are asking for people to comment on the list. I generaly agree with what they have to say. Too many heroes, too much expencive stuff.

Kahadras

Gethostar
18-10-2008, 20:55
For starter the T5 is a typing fault :P But still 4 isn't bad at all!

And Treemen own, even a steamtank or a Great Cannon couldn't get them down! And If you play a bit how I use fast cav turn 2 or turn 3 Cannons are gone!

I still keep thinking treemen own :P If it has to you hide the treeman for a turn or 2 the only thing they have to do is take the front while Wild Riders or Glade Riders take flanks...

Quintillius
22-10-2008, 14:26
yeah good idea