PDA

View Full Version : Monsters not in WHFB

Ri-xthoal Lord of Lustira
17-10-2008, 01:57
Well, I thought I bring this up because it been awhile anyone has seen these monster before.

If they were to bring back some old school monsters it would be like this:
(Note: This is only unoffical profile and not to be uses in tournaments.)

Chimera (Wood Elves)
M5 WS5 BS4 S6 T5 I5 A5 W4 Ld7

Special rules: Fly, Large Target, Terror, Scaly Skin (3+) Impact Hits+1, Dragon Breath, and Poison attacks.

Choas Chimera (Beast of Choas)
M5 WS6 BS3 S6 T6 I5 A5 W5 Ld8
Special rules: Fly, Large Target, Terror, Scaly Skin (3+) Tusker Charge, Toxicous Breath, and Killing blow.

Owlbear (Beast of Choas) Orged size
M6 WS5 BS0 S5 T5 I5 A3 W3 Ld8

Special Rule: Fear, Killing blow (Horn Bear only)
Flight: When you pursuit an enemy; instead of their reguler charge, you roll a 3D6.

Basalisk
M5 WS5 BS0 S5 T5 I3 A4 W4 Ld6
Special rules: Fly, Large Target, Terror, Scaly Skin (4+)
Petrified Stare: Enemy units must take a Ld if they fail the test, then they do nothing for one turn (They don't take any test nor move or cast spell). If they pass, they charge as normal.

Gorgan (beast of Choas)
M4 WS3 BS5 S4 T3 I3 A2 W1 Ld8
Equipment: Long Bow
Special rules: Scaly Skin (4+), ITP, goes through terrian as open.

Petrified Stare: Enemy units must take a Ld if they fail the test, then they do nothing for one turn (They don't take any test nor move or cast spell). If they pass, they charge as normal. Againest Characters, they lose 1 W with no AS.

Concilliator
17-10-2008, 02:30
good idea about the basilisks I guess lizardmen?

what about the various golems? flesh, steel, stone etc ?

and why is chimera in wooderfs?-- imo should just be chaos --- need some mossy forest beast to be wood elf thing, like a swamp avatar (swampthing)

Lotho
17-10-2008, 03:08
You forgot wounds ;)

Arnizipal
17-10-2008, 10:29
I've heard rumors that Gorgons were coming back in a Chaos list (possibly beasts).

Why would the Wood Elves use Chimaerae? These creatures are only a step away from spawn. Also, why would a Chimaera have impact hits?

Kettu
17-10-2008, 11:11
Ok, no rules to go with them but a few that are needed in Fantasy;

Chimera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(mythology))
Basalisk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basalisk)
Cockatrice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockatrice)
Amphisbaena (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphisbaena)
Ammut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammut)
Giant Snakes
Giant Insects (I know we already have a Spiders and, in a way, a Scorpian. But Ant Calvary, Mantis ambushers, Dragonfly/Damselfly/Drake flyers would be the bees knees. (Pun? What pun?)
Great Taurus (I know we had it once, PLEASE BRING IT BACK)
Giant Turtles/Tortoise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_(world)#Great_A.27Tuin.2C_the_star_turtl e) (Maybe not quite so big. Large enough for several men/women/goblins/elves/lizards to sit on top armed to the teeth/fangs and dangerous/comical.)
Giant Wolves (Perfect for my Valkyrie theamed army. Would fit like a glove in Warriors of Chaos and/or Beasts of Chaos.)

Here to hope they work the War Mumak into Warhammer as well.

Lordsaradain
17-10-2008, 11:28
What about the Jabberwocky? :)

Conotor
17-10-2008, 11:31
Nemean Lion for BOC

Hippogrif for WE

Gnoll for BOC

Werewolf for VC

Various dinosaurs (Ankilosaurus, Alpatasaurus) for LM

Various Golems as upgrades for wizards

Duke Georgal
17-10-2008, 11:31
I REALLY want a large plastic monster kit that contains options for building with different heads, with or without wings,different claw/talon arrangements, etc.

The way the creativity in recent plastic kits has ramped up, I hope it would be possible.

This could clear the way fo more monster options in the army books.

Kettu
17-10-2008, 12:19
What about the Jabberwocky? :)

Ah yes, the Jabberwocky. (http://www.games-workshop.com.au/games/warhammer/bretonnians/gaming/warbands/scenarios/jabberwocky.htm) Now I just need to convert a young Bretonnian Damsel with her book of spells (pomes) and her two familiars (Kitten and Rabbit) and...

Aww damn. I have enough army ideas and half finished collections as is without adding another to it.

... Must Resist ...

'Twas brillig, and the Slithy Toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the Borogoves, and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Damn you, now I'll have the entier pome stuck in my head all day now.

BigbyWolf
17-10-2008, 13:14
I used to have a cockatrice mounted goblin shaman in an earlier edition of the game...was great to see a mad gobbo running around on the back of an oversized chicken...

ZeroTwentythree
17-10-2008, 13:34
If you can get your hands on some of the earlier editions of WFB and WFRP, some of these critters were in there.

Here's a few of the old figures:

http://www.solegends.com/citcat89winter/cat89wint016x-02.htm

17-10-2008, 18:00
I've heard rumors that Gorgons were coming back in a Chaos list (possibly beasts).

Why would the Wood Elves use Chimaerae? These creatures are only a step away from spawn. Also, why would a Chimaera have impact hits?

Actually, there is the differences between WE Chimera and BOC Chimera

WE CHimera: Impact hits comes from the goat head and dragon breath comes from... well, a dragon. They believe that when a white lion born with golden skin. It is said that they are chosen by Kurnous to accept the power of the lost creature of the past and infuse their soul within the golden white lion and thus transform into a Chimera.

BOC Chimera: Tusker charge comes from the boar head and Toxicous breath comes a vulture head. Once a while, BOC will capture a white cub to the sharmen to preform a ritual. The cub suddenly felt the power of choas flowing through it and thus transform into this horrifiy Choas Chimera.

Not bad, huh?

Chaos Undecided
17-10-2008, 18:28
Couldnt see Wood Elves using Chimera tbh seem to remember their old information portraying them as the ultimate children of chaos so the elves would probably be very keen to remove their corrupting influence from the forest if one turned up.

Another couple of old beastys were the Coatl (winged serpents), Plague Elementals and Death Elementals (supposedly possibly nurgle and khorne demons, there might have been a life elemental as well being a good gods demon) I seem to remember the Ambull turning up in warhammer as well as 40k but then so did the Zoats.

BigRob
21-10-2008, 08:16
I have to agree with the whole Chimera not for wood elves thing. They used to get Treemen and Forest dragosn as thier monster, with options to include all the usual bound monsters as well, but a chimera is an unstable agressive chaotic being,not something wood elves would be keen on.

The Empire on the other hand, have a history of using chimeras in thier armies as a WMD! The fluff actually states that this process was halted because recapturing the chimera after it had laid waste to the enemy army was as costly as actually fighting the battle.

Go back two editions and you'll find almost all armies had the use of hydras, dragons etc. Gorgons are more of a footsoldier type for Chaos armies, like treemen/dryads are for WE. Cocatrices are excellent for petrifying things (as shown in the WD beardiest army competition many many years ago)

Morph
22-10-2008, 09:02
Is the Owlbear (?!) flight rule as you intended? Instead of a 12" charge they have a 3D6" charge, which in average is about 10 - 11". So by flying they are likely to have less of a charge.

I assume the idea is that they have limited flight capabilities. How about changing their M to 5, but tripling it when they charge? Or possibly allowing them to roll 3D6 for pursuit and/or flee moves.

23-10-2008, 00:11
Werewolf:
M6 WS5 BS0 S5 T5 I5 A3 W2 Ld8

Count as a hero but does not take up a hero slot

Special Rules: Cause fear, Move-through Cover, Blood frenzy. Cannot be the Army general

Curse of the Lunar: This only effects chacaters. If this creature is slain in battle, your opponent's character -1 on their Ld and take a test. If failed, then the model is replaced with the werewolf model. Once this happen, it is switch to your side and now you gain control of this model. If pass, then nothing happens.

(Note: There is several version of the Werewolf. (like Lizard wolf, Orc wolf Orge wolf))