PDA

View Full Version : Eldar FarSeer Reboot

Dweomer
17-10-2008, 04:17
Hey guys,

So I originally did this conversion up for a conversion contest on Bartertown back many a year ago. It since got a basecoat to play, but I got bored with the fig and never fixed any of the little problems. Then http://saimhann.blogspot.com decided to run a painting/conversion contest. The one requirement was that it be a legal Eldar HQ on a Jetbike. Voting starts on Monday and you should check it out... The entries are top notch work.

There's still some things I want to do on this guy such as some freehand details on the cape. But I thought I'd post up here for C&C. If there's any interest, I took a number of WIP shots too and can explain the run. Here's the guy: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3247/2947688669_18a3f53d67.jpg

Detail and WIP shots can be found over here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10852323@N04/sets/72157607952442211/).

Let me know what you guys think and where I can go from here. Hope it inspires.

Ganymene
17-10-2008, 04:26
I saw some WIP progress shots of this the other day.

It looks awesome with some paint on it.

What did you have in mind for the freehand?

Dweomer
17-10-2008, 04:35
Wow, that was a quick response... :p

I was thinking of taking the eye sigil from the canopy and repeating it in either white or bone on his cape. Additionally, I was thinking of adding some "trim"... Debating between a simple repeating line pattern like you see on Greek pottery or a band detailed with small runes.

I'm also thinking the "wings" of the bike need something to distinguish them. They're kinda plain and boring right now. What I'd do there is completely up in the air.

Last, I've been thinking of a spear pennant or a banner off the back of the bike. I started with Wolves and a "shoot here" banner never appealed to me. But after seeing some of the other entries, I've been rethinking that for my Eldar. It really does add some neat modelling and freehand opportunities.

Ganymene
17-10-2008, 04:54
Wow, that was a quick response... :p

Right place, right time i guess. :D

Maybe sculpt or paint runes on the 'wings' to match the canopy.

I have also seen jetbikes with Wraithlord back spires in place of the wings. Always thought that was a cool idea.

deathwing_marine
17-10-2008, 05:04
Dweomer, I think your model is gorgeous! You chose the perfect colors, and the details are great. Wow.

Maybe you could add something in the back? Maybe its just the angle, but it looks like all the detail is in the "front arc" of the model.

Dweomer
17-10-2008, 14:29
@deathwing_marine: Thanks. I'm pretty happy with the guy. You are certainly right about the front arc though. It's one of the reasons I was debating a banner.

@Ganymede: The Wraithlord spines is actually a pretty good idea. Hrm... actually I think I have a couple old Phantom Titan spines and/or BFG ship sails. I could even do some kind of banner/emblem on the membrane between. Aw, man... I'm really liking that idea.

Eskimo
17-10-2008, 15:44
Just playing wow.

Maybe do a banner on the back I think cause the wraithlord spines will look skimpy..... Though probably get a thick antenna from a falcon turret angle it take the wraithlord Groin plate (sheild thingie) and use a flag... that way it will stay with the whole wavey feel

Still wow best farseer bike i've seen

Seer Drakon
18-10-2008, 02:07
Wow did you make this? How did you do this? I love it. Can we see more shots of it?

Dweomer
18-10-2008, 02:18
Wow did you make this? How did you do this? I love it. Can we see more shots of it?

Yeah, sculpted and painted it over the last two weeks. You can see process shots at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10852323@N04/sets/72157607952442211/

I'm headed out of town for a couple days and my wife has "respectfully requested" that I pay attention to her rather than my FarSeer for a few after that... I've been a little distracted and she's been very understanding. I'll try to get some other angle and detail pics up next week.

@Eskimo: Hmmm... not a bad suggestion. The thing I was thinking was kind of a combo... take the Wraithlord spines (or something like that...) and then putty a membrane between them that I could do freehand or other runic work on. It's still a nascent thought, but I'm mulling it over strongly.