PDA

View Full Version : Staff of Nurgle

sandpeople
17-10-2008, 07:27
I was thinking about giving my Great unclean one and two heralds the staff of nurgle. With 8 power dice and 3 bound spells they could do the job.

The problem is that I would have to give up using noxious vapours on my heralds and I canīt have both nurgling infestation and trappings on my GUO.

What do you guys think?

Reinier
17-10-2008, 07:57
I have a list with level 4 GU and 3 heralds, all with Staff of nurgle. Elv and human players worst nightmare.

kramplarv
17-10-2008, 08:52
somehow i understand why people hate demons......

3Xhume
17-10-2008, 09:55
somehow i understand why people hate daemon players.....

sandpeople
17-10-2008, 10:25
Yeah, well after a few years of having my skaven and tomb kings and ogre kingdom armies bolted into nothingness from magic heavy high elf armies and sneaky wood elves that avoid combat, I feel it is ok for me to play daemons.

Remember, people always complain about the most recent army, always!

kramplarv
17-10-2008, 10:46
yeah, that's true. :D I got myself a very shooty empire army to relax once in a while :D
Bu i don't think you need lvl4 on yer GOU :p

EndlessBug
17-10-2008, 13:58
Remember, people always complain about the most recent army, always!

Well, Dark Elves? Warriors of Chaos? Sorry to burst the bubble but people are still complaining about the daemons even after those two.

Sounds a decent list, so long as you go monogod with the troop selection of course! ;)

sulla
17-10-2008, 19:07
It's a bit of a one trick pony really though. Good to unveil once in a while, but after that, players will quickly realise that a bit of MR on their most important units makes them pretty much immune to this and all of a sudden, those much vaunted plaguebearer tarpit enhancing heralds are not quite so frightening to deal with (without their 'strikes last').

W0lf
17-10-2008, 20:29
Trappings of nurgle (4+ save, Regen? - whatever thats called) nd staff on GUO
2 or 3 heralds with staff of nurgle.

Make the GUO a lvl 4 dont upgrade heralds to wizards. brutally effective.