PDA

View Full Version : Retired Players

daemonkin
17-10-2008, 08:45
Right, I'm pretty sure I did not make this rule up but in 3rd ed I distinctly remember a rule that allowed you to retire a player (due to injury) from your roster and add him as an assistant coach.

When I looked for the rule in the 5th LRB I could not find it anywhere.

Does anyone know if it existed and/or where it went?

It makes little difference as everyone in our league thought it was a good idea anyway so we are using it as a house rule.

D.

TracerBullet
17-10-2008, 15:07
You're not imagining it. It's still there in LRB4 too.
I only play on FUMBBL these days so I'm not up-to-date on what did and didn't make it into LRB5.

guillaume
17-10-2008, 15:14
No retiring to coaching in 5th. You retire the player, lose the money and that's it.

p29 "...Each coach must decide...or let go (i.e. fire) any team rerolls, players or coaching staff from their team who are no longer wanted - however you don't get your gold back."

Assistant coaches coast 10 000 gold pieces and can be bought whenever before and after a game. However assistant coaches only influence 1 roll out of 12 on the kick-off table. Fan factor will more likely have a bigger impact.

Marlow
21-10-2008, 09:57
However assistant coaches only influence 1 roll out of 12 on the kick-off table. Fan factor will more likely have a bigger impact.Except you can not buy Fan Factor after the team has started playing in the League. It just goes up/down as the end of games.

daemonkin
21-10-2008, 10:02
I must say that after a few games in our league using LRB 5 I can say that for the most part I really like how the new(ish) league system works. FAME is good and is constant for the entire game and can affect a lot of rolls. The end sequence has been sped up and the whole journeyman system allows teams that have been beaten to snot previously can still compete to some degree.

D.