PDA

View Full Version : Are Euro Trash Daemons any Softer?

blackjack
17-10-2008, 16:56
Ok, so building within the following restrictions which are popular in European Tournaments.

No Named Characters
Only 2 of the same Spechial Choice
Only 1 of the same Rare Choice
30% min Core.

This is the hardest list I can come up with. Do you guys feel it is any more “friendly” than other Daemon lists?

Is it any easier to build lists competitive with this using other armies while following the same restrictions?

30 Horrors with Banner of Sorc
10 Horrors
10 Horrors

5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds

6 Flamers with Pryo
2 Fiends of Slaneesh

Blood Thirster w Armor of K, Immortal Fury, Flaming Sword
Herald of TZ, with Power Vortex and BSB

Total 1997

Malorian
17-10-2008, 17:02
No complaints from me. Although I'm sure most don't include the blood thirster in their definition of 'friendly' ; )

Shamfrit
17-10-2008, 17:06
That's actually not that much further from what I use anyway - which is funny, I'd have no complaints against it, interesting that they don't ban Greater Daemons or certain item combinations like Siren Song/Tormentor...

But, still, cant' complain.

Aurellis
17-10-2008, 17:16
I'd have no problems playing it, the Bloodthirster can be easily dealt with anyway. The restrictions make a really positive difference to the way Daemons play

==Me==
17-10-2008, 17:57
Looks solid, I'd like to include a Changeling but otherwise s'fine.

blackjack
17-10-2008, 19:14
Keep in mind one would expect opponents to keep to the same restrictions.

I would imagine VC would quickly rise to the top of the pool in this case as most of these restrictions don't really affect them.

gerrymander61
17-10-2008, 23:23
HE would suffer far worse than daemons with these restrictions, and the rules aren't even aimed at toning them down.

IMO the best thing to do would be no named characters, and then a composition score. That way the worst of the worst (Masque, Kairos, blue scribes) would be out of the way and if the daemon player still wanted to mess up their list, the comp score would bite them in the bum.

fubukii
18-10-2008, 08:34
id do the following

THrister - ob armor, Scroll or killing blow, Reroll misses
Khorne herald bsb on jugger, banner of unholy victory, armor of khorne
3x10 horrors
3x5 hounds
2 x 6 flamers
2 x 6 furies.

Von Wibble
18-10-2008, 16:34
HE would suffer far worse than daemons with these restrictions, and the rules aren't even aimed at toning them down.

IMO the best thing to do would be no named characters, and then a composition score. That way the worst of the worst (Masque, Kairos, blue scribes) would be out of the way and if the daemon player still wanted to mess up their list, the comp score would bite them in the bum.

Considering High Elves have an intentionally different composition for those the rules should be modified just for those. Since they have 2 core and the rest have 3 core, 20% min core (2/3 of 30%) would be fair. Most min max high elves use multiples of specials (white lions/ dps) so that restriction is a fair one.

Ironically I think that ops army list above is very nasty - but any army list with flamers and flesh hounds qualifies on that front. It is still going to give a tough game.

Imo it would be better just to make daemon core mainstay for their god. To have n units of flesh hounds, you must have n units of bloodletters. To have f units of flamers, you must have f units of horrors.

blackjack
18-10-2008, 17:00
"id do the following

THrister - ob armor, Scroll or killing blow, Reroll misses
Khorne herald bsb on jugger, banner of unholy victory, armor of khorne
3x10 horrors
3x5 hounds
2 x 6 flamers"

That list is not legal according to the rules I stated in any way.

Not 30% Min Core, Not only 2 of the same spechial, not only 1 of the same special.

Shamfrit
18-10-2008, 22:50
Lord of Change
Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Bsb
Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Firestorm Blade

3X 15 Bloodletters
2X 10 Horrors
3X 6 Furies

2X 6 Hounds

1X 3 Bloodcrushers
1X 3 Fiends

---

Something along these lines?

blackjack
20-10-2008, 02:45
yes thats the idea.

Shamfrit
20-10-2008, 08:46
That is my current list anyway! Lol.

Frankly
20-10-2008, 10:01
Lord of Change
Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Bsb
Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Firestorm Blade

3X 15 Bloodletters
2X 10 Horrors
3X 6 Furies

2X 6 Hounds

1X 3 Bloodcrushers
1X 3 Fiends

---

Something along these lines?

Now thats a list that raises some concerns for an opponent.

This is one of the first deamons list I've seen on these forums that actually makes me sit back and think '.... hmmmmm how am I going to beat this list).

Good mobility, strong core options, uses most of the phases of your turn well, and great support.

Where do you put your 2 jugga characters?

How many P.Dice do you have?

Shamfrit
20-10-2008, 10:13
I would put the two heralds in the Bloodletters, giving them an extra rank to secure CR and give them hatred; the remaining unit of Letters would be deployed 2X7 and let run rampant down a flank, without command.

8 Power Dice, 6 DD.

Which is not alot at all, although there is Boon to consider but all the spells are prettry much coming from a unified source - the Lord of Change.

Frankly
21-10-2008, 23:09
8 PD is enough to have a magic phase in a list thats pretty bashy.

Nice list shamfrit.