PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos army (2000pts)

Leogun_91
17-10-2008, 22:39
Well I had some time to kill at my local GW and decided to use their WoC armybook to make a list for me, I wanted to use what I had and the battalion I had preordered while still keeping it to my theme of a Khorne/Tzeentch alliance so this is what I came up with

Sorcerer Lord
level4, barded chaos steed, Axe of Khorne, Enchanted shield, warrior familliar, power stone:394pts
This one would be my general, I made him good in CC as he is forced to challenge anything he sees, I might skip the powerstone in favor of a banner for the knights, itīs just that I have a weak spot for powerstones. he goes with the knights

Sorcerer
mark of Tzeentch
level2,power familliar, powerstone: 185pts
Just a magic user in general, his high ammount of powerdice will make him usefull while he adds good power to the dispell department, powerstone might be scrapped for a knight champion

Exalted hero of Tzeentch
halberd,crown of everlasting conquest:174pts
He will boost the power of one of the marauder units or maybe even join the warriors

Exalted Hero of Khorne
extra handweapon:129pts
He will boost the warriors and give me some extra chances for rolls on the eye

16Marauders
Greatweapons, Commans:100pts
This is one of the units I had from before, they will act as expandable troops unless I place a character with them

20Marauders
shields, command:120pts
Basicly a meatshield

5 warhounds
I get them, they are cheap, they can be usefull

5 warhounds
I get them, they are cheap, they can be usefull

12 warriors
mark of Khorne, shields, commands, banner of wrath:297pts
A hard unit to punch a hole in the enemy lines, their boundspell might come in handy too

10Chosen
Mark of Tzeentch, shields,halberds,command,banner of rage, champion carries the helm of many eyes:330pts
A really hard unit that allows me to roll the eye, little will stand a chance against them in an honest fight

5Knights
command depends on if I skip powerstones or not:210-250pts

So what do you think? Could the army work decently well? I donīt require it to be my most powerfull army just that it can be competative enough in most games.

Kalec
18-10-2008, 02:26
For the sorcerer lord, a runesword s probably better then the axe. The extra attack and point of weapon skill help him more then killing blow against most enemies.

Also, if you want magic to be effective, you really do need a third mage. I would drop command from the GW marauders and swap the tzeentch exalted for a level 2 sorcerer with a toy or two.

Oh, and please drop the helm from the chosen champ. Stupidity on ld 8 is not worth giving him ASF. You need that expensive block to get into combat, not dinking around moving 2 inches on a critical turn.

Leogun_91
18-10-2008, 08:29
For the sorcerer lord, a runesword s probably better then the axe. The extra attack and point of weapon skill help him more then killing blow against most enemies. Note taken might change that the next time I can borrow their book

Also, if you want magic to be effective, you really do need a third mage. I would drop command from the GW marauders and swap the tzeentch exalted for a level 2 sorcerer with a toy or two.The GW marauders are allready modelled and painted as I bought them to have an army in the WD list, I like my exalted but I might swap him if it is really needed, I still have decent magic with 9PD

Oh, and please drop the helm from the chosen champ. Stupidity on ld 8 is not worth giving him ASF. You need that expensive block to get into combat, not dinking around moving 2 inches on a critical turn.Well that one is for fluff reason as my background for that unit is that the champion defated a herald of khorne wich then possesed him, that inspires the unit to fight in a frenzy (banner of rage) but sometimes the two personalities becomes to much (hence the stupididty), the ASF is just a bonus.Besides that makes me happier those times when I roll +1Ld at the eye of the gods table.

Kalec
18-10-2008, 20:26
9 PD isn't bad, but it isn't great either. Your bigger problem with magic is that your access to spells is rather limited. With just two mages, one of which is on foot, you will have trouble finding juicy targets for your magic. Lore of Tzeentch hinges upon finding the right target at the right time, if you want to cast something besides flickering fire effectively.

Leogun_91
18-10-2008, 22:09
9 PD isn't bad, but it isn't great either. Your bigger problem with magic is that your access to spells is rather limited. With just two mages, one of which is on foot, you will have trouble finding juicy targets for your magic. 9PD and a boundspell which is a little bit better and I gave them powerstones to be used when it really matters(unless I want cooler knights in which case I have no powerstones)

Lore of Tzeentch hinges upon finding the right target at the right time, if you want to cast something besides flickering fire effectively.That is why I didnīt mark my sorcerer lord, so I have more options and a less limited lore.

Shamfrit
18-10-2008, 22:47
You're only guaranteed Flickering Fire I think is what is meant. With spells like Treachery and Transmogrification, the wrong opponent can leave you with an ineffective spell, and 3 power dice is all you can then use for your measly single magic missile.

A 3rd sorceror would help, greatly, but if you're running an Exalted Champion then keep him cheap, and make him a Battle Standard; re-rolling panic, and re-rolling break checks will keep your relatively small units intact and in the fight.

I'd try and find the points for 12 Chosen, to give you a frontage of 6, and an extra 2-3 attacks, if not more.

Leogun_91
18-10-2008, 23:47
You're only guaranteed Flickering Fire I think is what is meant. With spells like Treachery and Transmogrification, the wrong opponent can leave you with an ineffective spell, and 3 power dice is all you can then use for your measly single magic missile.
Well then he uses all three dices for that spell and besides Iīm lucky so I will usually get at least one spell I like.

A 3rd sorceror would help, greatly, but if you're running an Exalted Champion then keep him cheap, and make him a Battle Standard; re-rolling panic, and re-rolling break checks will keep your relatively small units intact and in the fight.Yeah I thought about having the khorne exalted being a BSB but itīs so hard to get everything you want into the list.

I'd try and find the points for 12 Chosen, to give you a frontage of 6, and an extra 2-3 attacks, if not more.That does not only mean I have to search up two more old chaos warriors but it also forces me to work them into my paint sheme.

Shamfrit
19-10-2008, 11:20
That does not only mean I have to search up two more old chaos warriors but it also forces me to work them into my paint sheme.

Get painting then :D