PDA

View Full Version : Tau Question

Justicar_Freezer
18-10-2008, 00:48
Hey everyone. I have a question about the tau skyray kit. I heard when it came out that this kit was amazing because it gave you all the pieces to make all the tau tanks.

My question is this, is the skyray kit still like this or have GW recut the kit to fix this?

Fo'Shizzle
18-10-2008, 00:55
well a skyray is a hammerhead is a devilfish.

I don't think they've changed the sprue but then again I haven't really kept up to date on releases.

Sidstyler
18-10-2008, 00:57
I haven't bought one recently but as far as I know, yes. Because you need the hammerhead sprue to get options like burst cannons and that chin-mounted lens thing for the skyray.

Iceheart2112
18-10-2008, 06:01
Nope. It still has all the bits to create all 3 tanks. If you look around ATT, there's a couple of tutorials on how to make it so you can swap out the stuff so you can make whichever tank you'd like.

Creeping Dementia
18-10-2008, 07:39
I would highly recommend only buying the Skyray kit over any of the other ones. The Skyray is the same amount as a Hammerhead, but the Skyray has an extra sprue, and the Skyray only costs a little more than a Devilfish. With almost no effort you can switch a Skyray over to a Hammerhead, and if you just magnetize the burst cannon/sensor thingy on the front of the Skyray you can also use it as a D-fish. My 6 tanks are all interchangable, which isn't really needed in regular games, but in apocolypse games 6 Rail-heads are much better than a couple tanks and a stray Devilfish or two.

Shas'o Zor'bas
18-10-2008, 10:25
LOL. Never heard of this. Are you sure?

Sidstyler
18-10-2008, 10:40
"Are you sure?"

I've bought the skyray kit and seen for myself that it does in fact come with the hammerhead and skyray turret sprues. As I said before, the hammerhead sprue comes with the weapons and drones, the skyray sprue just has the turret and missiles/wings on it, so you need the hammerhead sprue to make either tank and they just package it with the skyray.

How you can be a Tau player with internet access and not know this is beyond me. :p

But yeah, I'd look forward to GW fixing this little "problem" the first chance they get, we'll probably get a recut sprue in the future since I doubt GW likes the fact that people save money and get extra bits this way.

Shas'o Zor'bas
18-10-2008, 10:49
How you can be a Tau player with internet access and not know this is beyond me.

I can't understand this eather:)

You mean it also has the Railgun?

Bregalad
18-10-2008, 12:58
Just one minor correction: The Gun Drones are not included IIRC. But everyone has enough of them.

And yes, you can build the kit so that you can change between the three models. Was a mistake when designing the sprues and too expensie to change later.

Sidstyler
18-10-2008, 13:00
How you can be a Tau player with internet access and not know this is beyond me.

I can't understand this eather:)

You mean it also has the Railgun?

Yes, it comes on the sprue with the SMS drones (no gun drones as Bregalad said), chin mount thing, and the other burst cannon. The skyray sprue doesn't have any of that so if you wanted to actually finish your skyray tank you'd need the hammerhead sprue, too.

Shas'o Zor'bas
18-10-2008, 13:35
Thanks guys going to order it :p

Kyrios
18-10-2008, 17:03
Most probably due to the fact that the sky ray wa originally FW product designed as a conversion kit.
Never undrestood why they did that though, would have much prefered plastic tetras. But hey! Better than what most armies gets (nothing)

Not so sure they will change the sprues though. Look at the new devastators. Much better value than the last.