PDA

View Full Version : would this idea change anything?

MrBo114
18-10-2008, 06:24
many people unhappy with the speed of rules clarifications(at least as far as tourneys are concerned).so i went about thinking of ways this could change.
it seems most people are mainly concerned about balance issues in tournament.at home play i think most people just play to (insert gw quote here) "have fun".
so my question(and answer) to the problem is simple.why not just make a balanced tournament codex.make it as cheap as possible so money can be put aside for a dedicated tournament hotline(or website that can answer questions within 24 hrs.)
What you want a codex like that to have in it?me personally i 'd just like a different foc,based on how many points are played.feel free to add suggestions or to disagree.

Sidstyler
18-10-2008, 06:39
...it's an idea, I can say that much. Whether it'd be good or bad though...:p

I dunno, you mean like a book with rules for tournament play? Similar to the 'Ard Boyz rules I'd imagine?

MrBo114
18-10-2008, 06:57
...it's an idea, I can say that much. Whether it'd be good or bad though...:p

I dunno, you mean like a book with rules for tournament play? Similar to the 'Ard Boyz rules I'd imagine?

yes exactly,a softback codex just for tourneys.

Egaeus
18-10-2008, 07:04
Thing is, if they had a hotline that could be expected to give definitive rulings that would be upheld "across the board" then there wouldn't be any problems in the first place, would there?

And if those "definitive rulings" had to have some source, say a timely and relevent FAQ from the designers, again we wouldn't have the problems we have now.

I'm not sure how many of the people are complaining because they're new to the hobby and how many are just venting a frustration that has been around a looooooooooong time (well, since 3rd edition at least :p). GW's unwillingness to release timely comprehensive FAQs is still mind-bogglingly uncomprehendable to me...seriously, how hard could it be to take 5-10 minutes out of a status meeting (or whatever sort of meeting that I assume they must have to keep people up to date on the process of projects) to say "Hey, there's a few questions that players have that keep popping up...let's get them an answer so they can be happy." (they may not like the answer, but at least there's one out there).

I say a meeting with the assumption that it could well be a team effort to answer questions...otherwise we could simply hold the author accountable for clarifying what they actually meant in some cases.

Apologies if this seems too off-topic...I don't think more specialized rules would really solve much, but a more customer-friendly corporate culture from GW would solve so many problems.

Sidstyler
18-10-2008, 07:27
GW's unwillingness to release timely comprehensive FAQs is still mind-bogglingly uncomprehendable to me...seriously, how hard could it be to take 5-10 minutes out of a status meeting (or whatever sort of meeting that I assume they must have to keep people up to date on the process of projects) to say "Hey, there's a few questions that players have that keep popping up...let's get them an answer so they can be happy." (they may not like the answer, but at least there's one out there).

They're too busy not playtesting, and pushing back the Dark Eldar release. :p

One does have to wonder what the hell they do with their time exactly...what is a typical day at the GW HQ like? Do they just sit around for 8 hours a day playing their Space Marine armies against each other, with breaks for lunch and the occasional "How awesome are we?" meeting?