PDA

View Full Version : 500/750 points of Empire to get back into fantasy

the blind knight
18-10-2008, 09:08
As the title says I have been away from fantasy for the whole of seventh edition,but have recently bought War so my love for rank and file battles returned.

Now before I quit,I have already collected 1000 points of empire who are now in process of being rebulit and repainted.

Anyway,onto more important things here is a 500 point list using combat patrol and a 750 points normal list.

The 500 list:

Captain
armor of meteoric iron
great weapon

16x greatswords(with captain)
musican
standard bearier
counts champion
detachment:
8x swordsmen

10x handgnners/crossbowmen

5x pistolliers
musican

Total:499

As you can see I still havent decided should I use handgunners or crossbowmen.Which do you think is better with this list?

Now for the 750 list:

Warrior priest
armor of meteoric iron
hammer of judgment

19x greatswords(guess who is comming with them)
musican
standard bearier
counts champion
detachment:
9x swordsmen

10x handgnners/crossbowmen

5x empire knights
musican

5xpistolliers
musican
outrider
repetitor pistol

total:736

As you can see the dilema is the same here,also i have 14 points to spare so do you have any suggestions?

P.s:Just to check something out.Is it possibbly that the pistolliers dont get any penalties for shooting at all!? They dont get one for moving,or long range and it doesnt say that the brace of pistols is a multiple shot weapon?

sideorder_of_chips
18-10-2008, 10:09
Looks good.

The captain is used for soaking up cahlenges from enemy heroes

I like the first list alot. Greatswords will probably outmatch most other units in 500 point games, or at least outnumber other elite units.

Personaly I would go for crossbowmen who can be shooting the enemy from their first turn, but so not to get into a xbows vs handguns argument, hand guns are way better against armoured enemies.

Supreme Archon Orlok
18-10-2008, 16:00
Looks good.

The captain is used for soaking up cahlenges from enemy heroes

I like the first list alot. Greatswords will probably outmatch most other units in 500 point games, or at least outnumber other elite units.

Personaly I would go for crossbowmen who can be shooting the enemy from their first turn, but so not to get into a xbows vs handguns argument, hand guns are way better against armoured enemies.

I concur with this I myself have been on the recieving end of an empire army and I was beaten into the ground by it many times.

sideorder_of_chips
19-10-2008, 19:33
As you can see the dilema is the same here,also i have 14 points to spare so do you have any suggestions?

P.s:Just to check something out.Is it possibbly that the pistolliers dont get any penalties for shooting at all!? They dont get one for moving,or long range and it doesnt say that the brace of pistols is a multiple shot weapon?

14 Points erm...

1 Crossbowman/handgunner and 1 swordsmen?

You are correct that pistoliers don't suffer penalties for marching, long range etc. However they do suffer -1 for firing 2x multiple shots which it does state in the rules for a brace of pistols.