PDA

View Full Version : New WoC Khorne army.. playing around with things...2k

athamas
18-10-2008, 10:35
Ok, playing around here, i know i have almost 0 magic defence, but meh.. i want to try an army without magic...

unit sizes are somewhat limited to whats in the spear head and a batalion box for now... will get more when things come out and i have had time to experiment...

basic idea is to have a fast section, and a slower section and the two can meet in the middle for some general smashing....

Valkia

Exalted hero of Khorne
Juggernaught
Shield
Crown of everlasting conquest
Bloodcurdling Roar

Exalted hero of khorne,
Sheild
Fury of the blood god

5 warhounds

5 warhounds

5 Marauder horsemen
musician

20 Marauders
flails

12 warriors of Khorne,
Shileds
halberds
Standard Musician

10 chosen
GW
MoT
Banner of rage
favour of the gods

5 Knights
Full comand
MoK
Blasted Standard

Warshirne 130 [i know this is an odd one, but i really like the idea of them and i should be able to make uber chosen really quickly with the reroll and +/- 1]

Total just shy ok 2K,
65 models,
2DD a small amount of magic resistance and a whole lot of killing..

Kalec
18-10-2008, 16:37
Give the chosen shields and halberds over great weapons. The extra armor is necessary to getting them into the fray, and the halberds let them take advantage of their high I. Swap their mark with that of the knights.

Ozorik
18-10-2008, 16:42
I played against the new WoC list today and small units of warriors are really not recommended. They are very expensive (and hurt when/if they make contact) but they just dont have the resilience to withstand a moderate quantity of shooting or magic. Your list looks a bit on the small side really.

My own WoC will only have 1 largeish unit of warriors and a lot more maurader fodder.

athamas
18-10-2008, 17:01
thanks for the imput..

i think i will have to find away to convert the new chosen to have halberds {prob just spare bits from the knights.. ]

due to me wanting to convert the %^"&* out of things to make a war shrine.. [im sure i have a spare corpse cart somewhere to make one!] and will be using knightly bits to make that it gives me even more spare bits...

currently i am tempted to drop the knights completly, bulk out the warriors and take another block of marauders... and some more horsemen or anothe marauder block.... as much as i love knights... it should stop me from being silly with them... and means i only have to worry about 2 frenzied foot units and a juggernaught champ, who should be able to look after himself..

also include more hounds...

cold0
18-10-2008, 17:01
Agree,

better a 15-strong regiment of Warriors, plus Marauders or other type of units. I generally choose a regiment of Nurgle, full command, + Festus. And a Banner of Rage or Warbanner really helps.