PDA

View Full Version : "Imperial Cronicals" help needed plz

yphead
18-10-2008, 12:41
hello everyone i need your help!?!

I have been playing Warhammer and 40k for nearly 20 years now and i decided its time to launch on a project that i can really get my teath into.... so the idea came to write a book for warhammer that follows the same kind of format of the "imeprial Armour" books released by forge world, but in the world of warhammer.

the angle i thought of taking was.... An imperial enginears aprentice who follows his master around the "Old World" (books one and two). Then makes it to rank of Engenear and leaves the "Old World" to continue his studdies (books Three +).

Two or more races could be covered per book, either via a major battle or a simple visit.... with the first part of the book dedicated to story, city maps, sketches, Battle plans etc.... then the second part rules for Warhammer Battle, Fortification design rules, Ship design rules, Battle formations, war machines (dwarf flying machines, skaven tunnelers, Tzeentch silver towers, siege machines).

The main questions I have before i start:
Should it be written in the 1st or 3rd person?
Where to begin in terms of the time line? I thought just before the last major chaos attack, with the first book dedecated to the Empire (and the Dwarves?). In the city of Nuln.

I have have no doubt that GW and/or Forgeworld will never take this seriously, but at least we as gamers of Warhammer battle could take the game to the same level as 40k.

Gazak Blacktoof
18-10-2008, 13:54
If its a diary or a scrap book that might later be turned into an educational tool like then a first person account of events would be most appropriate. If its intended to be an educational tool- a manual for engineers that's being published by the engineers school or a wealthy patron- then perhaps third person might be more appropriate. Even if you write the bulk of the material in the third person you could include eye witness accounts written in the first person.

I would certainly base the book close to the current time period but you can include historic information including sketched penned by famous inventors.

yphead
19-10-2008, 07:09
A diary / scrap book...great idea, that way it could have the "look" as the "liber chaotica".

Thurizdan
19-10-2008, 07:53
If you're going to do it as a diary, look to the book "Blood on the Reich" for inspiration. It's a person's diary as they travel through the Empire. You've probably read it already but I thought I'd point it out.

Are you writing your book in English?

BigRob
19-10-2008, 07:56
A brilliant idea, this would fit well with the project that began some time ago (and died recently sadly) to bring WFB a proper apocalpytic setting, not some half assed 2 pages in WD.

A scrapbook idea would be great, dont forget to look at WFRP and some fo the other sourcebook lik "Blood on the Riek" and "Loathsome Ratmen" for more ideas.

Good luck

yphead
19-10-2008, 12:05
Thanks for the advice, and yes the book will be in english, however i'm planning to translate the rules part from french as they will be play tested in the local club.....
As for ideas i've started going through all my old WDs for WFRP maps, sketches, monsters etc.

As the ideas arrive i plan to poste them, starting with a layout plan....