PDA

View Full Version : "Tree Kin FTW!"

John Wayne II
18-10-2008, 13:35
Hey. Just posting a list I've moreor less thought up just now. Basically, it's more or less ye olde Wood Elf army with the exception that it has two big Tree Kin units. Why? 'Cause they'e great, that's why. You can use them for assaut and you can use them as an anvil, on account of them being so tough. Also, no Treemen on sight. Let me know what you think of it.

Lords and Heroes

Spellweaver
Level 4
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

Branchwraith
Level 1
Cluster of Radiants

Core

10 Glade Guard

10 Glade Guard

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

Special

5 Wild Riders
Standard and musician

5 Wild Riders
Standard and musician

4 Tree Kin

4 Tree Kin

Rare

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

Total: Around 2000 points...

John Wayne II
18-10-2008, 22:29
Anyone?

Makarion
19-10-2008, 13:24
Well, you really, *really* need some glade riders so you have a unit for luring big monsters around the table... I mean, a hydra or especially blood thirster would ruin your day - flaming S7 makes a quick pile of firewood out of your treekin, much as I love them!
I'd also drop a unit of wild riders, and add some wardancers.

The alternative would probably be to ditch the glade guard and the spellweaver for Drycha and a second Branchwraith.

Harwammer
19-10-2008, 13:42
glade riders aren't going to lure a blood thirster around anywere aren't they?

Unless I'm missing something, in which case please do correct me as I love learning about warhammer, but BTs don't have frenzy and are large targets with the fly rule. Can't a blood thirster simply move/charge over and past the glade riders?

John Wayne II
20-10-2008, 16:34
Well, you really, *really* need some glade riders so you have a unit for luring big monsters around the table... I mean, a hydra or especially blood thirster would ruin your day - flaming S7 makes a quick pile of firewood out of your treekin, much as I love them!
I'd also drop a unit of wild riders, and add some wardancers.

The alternative would probably be to ditch the glade guard and the spellweaver for Drycha and a second Branchwraith.

I don't like to use Special characters, so I don't like your idea about Drycha. Anyway, why should I ditch my shooting units (Glade Guard)? As for the rest, Harwammer has a point.

Makarion
21-10-2008, 01:04
True, I was confused about the BT, thinking he had frenzy for some reason. Still, I would include some fast cavalry - if only 1 unit of 5 with a musician.

As for your spellweaver, it's probably worth including the Wand of Wych Elm.

Tsear
21-10-2008, 04:49
Wild riders are fast cavalry with musicians.

Kahadras
21-10-2008, 10:20
Wild riders are fast cavalry with musicians.

But work differently to Glade Riders. Wild Riders are best used for combined charges against enemy units not march blocking and charge redirecting.

Kahadras

W0lf
21-10-2008, 10:40
Wild riders are immune to psychology.

Fast cavarly with immune to psy kinda fufill a diffrent role to traditional fast cav units.

Tsear
21-10-2008, 16:33
Ah, forgot about the no fleeing thing, good point.