PDA

View Full Version : Shaggoth Storm- A Dragon Ogre army

Dragonductape
18-10-2008, 20:49
I was looking through the new Warriors of Chaos list and a list began to form in my mind based around the Shaggoth special character and a horde(relatively speaking) of Dragon ogres. This is the list that I have come up with.

Characters
Kholek Suneater 605pts

Core
-Marauder Horsemen(5) 80pts
Spears, Light Armour, Shields
-Marauder Horsemen(5) 75pts
Spears, Shields
-Marauder Horsemen(5) 75pts
Spears, Shields

Special
-Dragon Ogres (3) 219pts
Additional hand Weapons
-Dragon Ogres (3) 219pts
Additional hand Weapons
-Dragon Ogres (3) 219pts
Additional hand Weapons
-Dragon Ogres (3) 195pts

Rare
-Dragon Ogre Shaggoth 285pts
Great Weapon
-Dragon Ogre Shaggoth 275pts
Additional Hand Weapon

This list would look amazing, would be challenging in my mind, and I think could be fun to play with and against. What would you all feel coming against a list like this, would it be seen as cheesy, beardy, or what I am going for an army with a great backstory. Let me know what you all think!

athamas
18-10-2008, 21:10
need more can opener....

and by that i mean i would be tempted to take more GW on some of the units.. the extra attack is nice and all, but the extra S is so much better, you will have no problem munching rank and file [a combined charger should get them... ] but against knights you are going to be facing alot of 1+/2+ saves which will translate to 3+/4+ saves... which they are going to pass several quite easily.. [and in the new light of ward regen saves this will be diminished even more... ] thus making those saves 5+/6+ will greatly increase your chances of killing things.. and wounding on 2+ is always better than wounding on 3+ [alot of T 4 things out there...]

Kalec
19-10-2008, 00:06
Agreed, S7 is much better then an extra attack.

However, this army looks pretty boring. All you are going to do is snipe warmachines with Kholek, marchblock with the horsemen, and slam your dragon ogres and shaggoths into your opponents blocks and pray he breaks and isn't packing much magic.

Lord Malorne
19-10-2008, 00:14
Agreed, S7 is much better then an extra attack.

However, this army looks pretty boring. All you are going to do is snipe warmachines with Kholek, marchblock with the horsemen, and slam your dragon ogres and shaggoths into your opponents blocks and pray he breaks and isn't packing much magic.

You almost described an Ogre Kingdoms army :p.

Looks like a good army and if I saw it being played I would want to play it...looks cool and would make for an interesting battle.

PopeAlexanderVI
19-10-2008, 00:21
be sure to convert the dragon ogres, the GW models are unbearably ugly.

LION
19-10-2008, 07:43
;) I would find that a fun list to play against. Sure its monster heavy, but with no magic or multi marked combination units...it wouldn't be unfriendly and would be thematic enougth to countenance the inclusion of SuneEater. You could convert up Plastic Dragon Ogres via the Lizard Man ColdOne Lower Body...Plastic Ogre Upper Body Route. Take an Image search on the Web for more or mail me. Good Luck and if you do put flesh on the bones / model up that list.. Please Post Pics! LION