PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Warriors of Chaos

Rookie1986
18-10-2008, 22:39
I'm looking to make a 2000pts Warriors of Chaos Army, so far I've got the following:

Lord: Daemon Prince, level 2 Wizard, Tzeentch, Fury of the Blood God

Hero 1: Chaos Sorcerer, level 2 Wizard, Slaanesh, Beguiling Gem

Hero 2: Exalted Hero, Axe of Khorne, Additional Hand Weapon, Khorne

Core 1: 12 x Undivided Warriors, Shields, Full Command, War Banner

Core 2: 11 x Warriors of Khorne, Musician, Standard, Additional Hand Weapons

Core 3: 12 Warriors of Slaanesh, Additional Hand Weapons, Full Command, War Banner

Core 4: 20 x Chaos Warhounds

Special 1: Chaos Chariot of Nurgle

Special 2: Chaos Knights, Musician, Standard

I have not listed the point values as the new Codex is still unreleased but the full army would field at 1992pts,

What changes would you guys make? Have i made any bad choices? Am I missing something that is a must in a Warriors of Chaos Army? Can you spot any down falls? And most importantly am i able to field all of this as im not up to date with the rules and stuff,

/Rookie

Shamfrit
18-10-2008, 23:43
Scroll and a Power Familiar would be my personal suggestion for your Sorceror, to give you better magic capability.

Try and find the points to mark your Warriors with Slaneesh if you're not going to mark them at all, the immunity to panic, fear and terror whilst still being able to flee is too good.

FunkyRatDemon
19-10-2008, 00:47
I'm looking to make a 2000pts Warriors of Chaos Army, so far I've got the following:

Lord: Daemon Prince, level 2 Wizard, Tzeentch, Fury of the Blood God

Hero 1: Chaos Sorcerer, level 2 Wizard, Slaanesh, Beguiling Gem

Hero 2: Exalted Hero, Axe of Khorne, Additional Hand Weapon, Khorne

Core 1: 12 x Undivided Warriors, Shields, Full Command, War Banner

Core 2: 11 x Warriors of Khorne, Musician, Standard, Additional Hand Weapons

Core 3: 12 Warriors of Slaanesh, Additional Hand Weapons, Full Command, War Banner

Core 4: 20 x Chaos Warhounds

Special 1: Chaos Chariot of Nurgle

Special 2: Chaos Knights, Musician, Standard

I have not listed the point values as the new Codex is still unreleased but the full army would field at 1992pts,

What changes would you guys make? Have i made any bad choices? Am I missing something that is a must in a Warriors of Chaos Army? Can you spot any down falls? And most importantly am i able to field all of this as im not up to date with the rules and stuff,

/Rookie

Not a fan of the Daemon Prince
Mount your Exalted Hero, likely on a Juggernaut or Chaos Steed
Toss in another Lv2 Tzeentch Wizard with a Power Familiar + Scroll
Warhounds need to be in bircks of 5 each (4 units)
Warriors should be 15 each. Likely they'd lose #'s to qucikly to retain rank bonuses
I'm a biffer fan of Shields then additional HW on Warriors now, since they already have 2A basic, the shield helps grant some needed survivability
I presume the Chaos Knights will be 5strong, give the the Mark of Khorne
I don't think the Chairot is needed at all...use those pts to get more Warriors

Kalec
19-10-2008, 01:04
Book of secrets is better then a power familiar, the extra spell for a tzeentch wizard in a different lore is invaluable.

The prince should take diabolic splendour. You are paying a lot for a flying terror bomb, might as well make him good at being a flying terror bomb.

Shamfrit
19-10-2008, 12:18
True Kalec, but I don't like the miscast changes, so I wouldn't use it personally without Infernal Puppet running around on the field to try and drag the result out of instant death.