PDA

View Full Version : stagerd dwarf

izikial
18-10-2008, 21:52
high i was at work today bord as usual and i came up with an idea for a dwarf army, i really liek the combat potential of dwarfs but i understand that they can never really be an effectiv combat army becus of move 3 and no cav so i came up with an idea. its to use the oathe stoens abiliity to nigate flanks and use a stagerd line this way the flanks of the unit to the right are still protected but the oponent has to go further to get to my rear and flanks. also the bulk of my army will be made usign ranged troops this is becus once my lord puts down the stone i dont really want to move the rest of the army and risk braking formation so usign ranged troops for the bulk of my army will alow me to still get use out of them after i set up hear is my idea

IIIIR
IIIII TTTTH
IIIII TTTTT TTTTR
IIIII TTTTT TTTTT TTTTL
......TTTTT TTTTT TTTTT
................TTTTT TTTTT
..........................TTTTT
KEY
I=ironbraker
R=runesmith
T=thunderer/quaraller
H=bsb
L=lord

this is jus the basic formation
i dont have my book on meso cant do points values and exact equip ment but the basic list

lord
oathe stone, some killing and defensiv runes, hand gun or crossbow

BSB
with the standerd that lets you move after deployment, shiled, gromil armor, GW

runesmith x2
bothe with some anti magic and GW

this is were i start to need help do i go quarallers take shealds and GW or thunderers and shealds

maybe miners for a flank charge

ironbrakers with a standerd that makes them tough to budge

gyro or 2

so thats the basic list i was thinking of, i was also thinking of puting 10 slayers in jus behinde and to the side of the last ranged unit as a flank guard and to hunt any flyers that try a rear atack or use a lone slayer char for the same job and drop one rune smith. so will it work and wat should the list look like if you can help then pleas do

Leogun_91
18-10-2008, 22:18
That could work, I often just use refused flank with my offensive dwarf army. The units will be expensive thou and their fighting power will be far from optimal for their pts cost. This seems to me like the kind of idea that just might work but is equally possible to fail. I would also exchange the IB for hammerers but that might be becouse I really like hammerers.

izikial
19-10-2008, 15:43
thx for the feed back i thoguht about hammerers becus of stubbon but they have less armor so i wsnt sure and i supose the thunderers/quarallers will be worse than worriors for more pts