PDA

View Full Version : What to get?

Dexter099
19-10-2008, 03:12
I currently have about 3.5k warriors of chaos, 3k chaos marines, 2.5k dark eldar, and 475 points dark eldar BFG.

I am about to enter my first buying time of this year, and I can spend $200.

I am waiting for the wariors book to come out, so I will preorder some warriors of chaos.

I'm pretty sure about what I mostly want to get, but I'm not entirely sure however.

Warriors of chaos codex: $25
Battalion: $90
5 Marauder Horsemen: $22

That's 137 out of 200, and I'm not exactly sure what else to get.

I was thinking another box of warriors, which would allow me to convert a BSB for my chaos army, and give me 6 units of 15 chaos warriors.

I currently have:

1 champion on foot undivided
1 Tzeentch sorceror/warrior
1 chaos lord on chaos steed
1 nurgle sorceror
1 tzeentch/nurgle sorceror
9 knights of chaos
1 chariot
20 warriors with shields, 15 with halberds, 15 with great weapons, 15 with 2 hand weapons.
10 marauders with gws/flails.
15 marauders w/ hw/shield.
18 beastmen that can be converted to marauders w/hand weapon shield.
1 chaos giant.
3 chaos trolls

If I got the chaos warriors, i would have $28 left to spend, which would leave me with enough for one character or box of knights, marauders, or spawn.

What do you guys think?

PopeAlexanderVI
19-10-2008, 04:24
It looks like you have plenty of warriors already, probably many more than you need seeing as they aren't that competitive. Seeing as you don't need warriors I wouldn't buy the battalion. I'd say get

Codex: $25
2 Boxes of Marauder Cav: $45
1 Box of Marauders: $35
1 Box of Hounds: $25
2 Boxes of Knights: $45
Corpse Cart for a Warshrine conversion: $25

That's $200. You could definitely swap out the cart or the hounds for some of the new hero models though.

Concilliator
19-10-2008, 05:17
I think everyone should buy the new khorne lord on juggernaut

Lordsaradain
19-10-2008, 11:35
In addition to the battalion, army book and extra marauder horsemen, how about getting a box of ogres to convert into chaos ogres?

Dexter099
19-10-2008, 20:15
So, maybe:

Battalion $90
2 boxes of marauder horsemen $44
army book $25

1 box of ogre bulls
OR
1 box of chaos knights

The only thing is that the ogre bulls come with 6, and not with great weapons.

I was thinking ironguts, for a unit of 4 guys w/ gws.

Waht do you guys think, 2 units of 3 with 2 hand weapons, or one unit of 4 with Great Weapons?

And should I get 2 boxes or one box of marauder horsemen?

Cartoon
20-10-2008, 03:08
2 boxes of horsemen. They are probably one of the best units in the WOC book for their points and will be an essential part of the army now that we have lost all of our support units. They will be great for protecting flanks and spell caster/ war machine hunting. Slap a mark of Slaanesh or Nurgle on them and you are good to go.

Eldramesha
20-10-2008, 03:51
Remember Ironguts come with a decent amount of armor where as the Bulls are basically unarmored. If I take Ogres I'll be mildly converting Ironguts.

Dexter099
20-10-2008, 04:21
Hmmm...
Think maybe a hellcannon would work?
So:
batalion 90
book 25
2 boxes of horsemen 44
hellcannon 50

Hellcannon or chaos ogres? (ironguts)

Chaos Ogres are fast and really good, but I could use a hellcannon to shoot down enemy troops from afar and also to eat them.

Lord Dan
20-10-2008, 04:24
Woah, hold the phone.

WoC army book is $25? Does this mean all army books will now be $25?

SuperArchMegalon
20-10-2008, 05:13
Remember Ironguts come with a decent amount of armor where as the Bulls are basically unarmored. If I take Ogres I'll be mildly converting Ironguts.

Be careful - the Bull sprue comes with some armor bits, I think, and a box of Bulls comes with 6 Ogres as opposed to only 4 in the Ironguts box. Though I suppose you won't need all 6 anyway...

Also, I reckon all books will now be $25 - GW hiked its prices recently on books and metal models, also paints.

Lordsaradain
20-10-2008, 08:52
I'd get the irongut box, not the bull one. Sure bulls include to more models, but there are no great weapons which are a must have, and 4 is as many as you'll need in a unit anyway.

Dexter099
21-10-2008, 03:32
Hmmm, so Ogres over the hellcannon? That sounds reasonable., considering I don't have any reliable fast monsters that will always get the charge.

So, Ironguts or Bulls?

However, maybe you guys think I should get 2 hand weapons. It's 5 points per model for additional hand weapons, and 10 per model for great weapons.

What think you guys?