PDA

View Full Version : Mortals of Chaos 2000pt

marburg100
19-10-2008, 03:00
Hey I'm just taking a swing at making a chaos army so i have some idea of which models I should buy. Here it is:

15 Warriors Shields, Full Command (270)
19 Marauders Shields, Light Armor, Standard, MoN (152)
19 Marauders Shields, Light Armor, Standard, MoN (152)
5 Marauder Horsemen Flails, Musician (81)
5 Chaos Knights Standard, Musician (230)
5 Chaos Knights Standard, Musician (230)
3 Dragon Ogres Great Weapon (231)
Exalted Champion Axe of Khorne, Shield, Chaos Steed (176)
Exalted Champion Armor of Damnation, Great Weapon, Chaos Steed (179)
Sorcerer 2 Dispel Scrolls (135)
Exalted Champion BSB, Rapturous standard, shield (160)

Am I spending too many points on heros?

Thanks!

Kalec
19-10-2008, 05:25
The exalted on the chaos steed should take a halberd instead of a great weapon. No reason to take a GW over a halberd when mounted.

Also, the BSB has no restrictions on what gear he can take, unless he takes a magic banner of course, so grab a weapon for him or give him fury of the blood god.

Really though, I don't see you getting a whole lot out of the exalteds. They are almost as expensive as an entire unit of bare knights, and are not nearly as effective. Keep the BSB and scroll caddy, give the BSB a mundane weapon and fury of the blood god, and invest more points in troops. You could also grab a war banner for the warriors, or give them mark of tzeentch and the blasted standard if you are feeling generous.

Chaos has very powerful troops and very underwhelming heroes. Unless you need something very special, like the benefits of a BSB or some MR or magic protection, a character isn't worth it.

Einholt
19-10-2008, 06:14
Fury of the Blood god cannot be used with magic banners Kalec they are magic items.

Agreeing on the Underwhelming chars- rather overpriced for what they add (elites to and elite army are not really an assets as much as they are to other armies)

However he is using them in the marauder blocks which is the best way to do it. I can see the potential here. I would drop the dragon ogres and beef up the warriors with something like banner of rage, make em go in 6 frontage. Um and possibly throw on blasted standard and MoT on knights. Get some hounds, and another fast cav unit. Don't really think you need Dragon Ogres with Knights and Warrior unit.