10 Handgunners, Marksman, Reapeater Handgun
5 Knightly Orders

5 Outriders, Outrider Champion with Hochland Long Rifle
5 Pistoliers, Outrider with Reapeater Pistol

Helblaster Volley Gun

999 pts

DD: 5 + Rod of Power
PD: 6 + Rod of Power + Bound spell

Deployement: Handgunners and wizards in the centre, helblaster right next to them on the side with most threatening enemy units, Outriders knights and warrior priset share a flank while pistolliers are deployed on the other.

Basic tactic: Nuke the enemy with spells and wither them down with handgun fire. If any heavy cavalry shows up make sure the helblaster is there target them. Race the pistolliers up front to harass, marchblock and bait enemy units to leave them vurnurable out in the open. The knights with warrior priest are basically depoyed so they will be able to get a flank harge on anything that gets to close to my gunline. warrior priest should also stay reasonably close to one of the hochland long rifle armed men to be able to give him his blessing. If I face a enemy that is low on magic I will use rod of power to save dispell dice to use as power dice, if I face a very magicky army, I will do the opposite.

Tried this out versus a high elf force yesterday with great sucess.

maze ironheart
19-10-2008, 11:14
Warrior Priest, Barded warhorse, Sheild
Battle Wizard, Level 2, Rod of Power
Battle Wizard, Level 2

10 Handgunners, Marksman, Hochland Long Rifle
10 Handgunners, Marksman, Reapeater Handgun
5 Knightly Orders

5 Outriders, Outrider Champion with Hochland Long Rifle
5 Pistoliers, Outrider with Reapeater Pistol

Helblaster Volley Gun

999 pts

DD: 5 + Rod of Power
PD: 6 + Rod of Power + Bound spell

Deployement: Handgunners and wizards in the centre, helblaster right next to them on the side with most threatening enemy units, Outriders knights and warrior priset share a flank while pistolliers are deployed on the other.

Basic tactic: Nuke the enemy with spells and wither them down with handgun fire. If any heavy cavalry shows up make sure the helblaster is there target them. Race the pistolliers up front to harass, marchblock and bait enemy units to leave them vurnurable out in the open. The knights with warrior priest are basically depoyed so they will be able to get a flank harge on anything that gets to close to my gunline. warrior priest should also stay reasonably close to one of the hochland long rifle armed men to be able to give him his blessing. If I face a enemy that is low on magic I will use rod of power to save dispell dice to use as power dice, if I face a very magicky army, I will do the opposite.

Tried this out versus a high elf force yesterday with great sucess.

I would drop the helblaster for the helstorm rockhet launcher it's better and has a lesser chance of blowing up.

VC Doke
20-10-2008, 02:58
Make sure to put musicians in your units. If they flee and don't rally you're in trouble. Everyone should have them!

w3rm
24-10-2008, 18:00
very knice. i like mortars even though a helblaster would be devastating. i would also consider a hochland long rifle. the bane of all charachters and at 1k esspacially deadly.